Cottons (Camden)

55 Chalk Farm Road, London, NW1 8AN - View on a map

Cottons (Camden) Restaurant In London

WORST FOOD EVER PLUS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!

I booked 6 weeks early for my partners surprise 40th birthday , I even went to the restaurant to confirm but when I called two weeks before the day, they told me there was no booking under my name... Weird!!! Anyway, I was booked in again but my instincts were telling me to find another place ...I wish I did:(

They told me we were to be in the Barbados room but that was changed when I got there....hmmmm!!!! we had this waiter who was so rude, rushing around and not respecting anyone at all. Most of us from a group of 20 wanted jerk chicken but they told us it won't be ready until very late!!! Carribean restaurant and no jerk chicken sounds not right. Anyway we had to eat something, our meals consisted of plantain which was not sweet, very hard and had the skin on which I have never seen before with fried plantain lol. The food was bad, I still have nightmares about it and even feel embarrassed to all my partners friends. We still had 30 mins for the table but when we asked for dessert, this waiter refused to take the order saying its not enough time since other people are waiting for the table!!! Manager is called in and says the same thing but agrees to serve although not happy about it. My bill comes of £530 which we can't point at one item and say yes....that was nice. A no go for any one. Worst place to eat in London.

Jacqueline