London Darbar

198 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, London, IG1 4LU - View on a map

London Darbar Restaurant In London

Went with my family for dinner. Had an amazing experience. The staff is very friendly and this place has good ambiance. I definitely recommend London Darbar to anyone looking for authentic Indian food in London.

georgebrown12 - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, February 13, 2014

Went to Al Khayma upstairs from London Darbar, for my husband's birthday, the place looks very nice and the fact you have privacy is very good, however they don't tell you its just a set menu so you have to order from that, went along with it and I must say the starters were nice, looks a lot less than what's actually written in the menu, when the main course came, that's when the problem started, my husbands lamb was nice, however my chicken, tasted old, dry and had no taste what so ever, i didn't eat it, none of it, and when i told the server she told me people usually complain about the lamb!! she didn't bother to bring or suggest anything else and they didn't even deduct it off the bill. Then to make matters worse when I got the bill, we got charged £2.50 per person cover charge and it said on the bill, service not included, i thought are you having a laugh!!

Needles to say I will never go back there again, I will tell all my friends not to bother, over priced, food terrible and not worth a visit, there are much better places, cheaper and better food places than this place, so DON'T GO THERE!!!

Friday, January 27, 2012

We booked as a large group of medical professionals for our annual party get together. I must say our whole evening was brought to life by the amazing dancer and drummer. Not only was she a dancer who could dance but she really got the crowd involved with her gracious ways. It made our evening complete and fabulous---how nice to see an authentic Arabic dancer! Lovely place--all superb!

magdi plattinous
Monday, December 12, 2011

Well last Saturday was my birthday and I arranged it in “Al Khayma” Arabic restaurant in London Darbar. I booked booth for 16 guests, and it was the great experience of my life I ever had. Everything was mind blowing, specially food and service. Food portions were big enough so we shared, and it saves my money ;-) My most of friends enjoyed Cocktails / Mocktails and great Arabic theme specially that camel we mad lods of pictures with that camel.... I will simply say 1 word......WOWWwwwW. we had a great evening there, 110% we will go again.

Sameer - View all reviews by this user
Friday, September 30, 2011

Went to this place on a Saturday night for a friend's birthday and we reserved a booth. There was 8 of us and it was one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever had. Avoid the London Darbar in Ilford. The place is a proper rip off, they charged 8 of us £197 for 4 meals and the other 4 people shared and still got charged £10 for no reason. The portions were tiny, the food was plain horrible and the staff were incredibly rude and stuck up. Worst of all there was a 2:30 hour wait, even though the place was totally empty. Furthermore they had this wireless bell that you press to grab the waitresses attention, they idea being you don’t get disturbed and have some privacy, but the annoying owner kept pestering us every 5 mins and asking us is everything ok, we were being polite, but was getting extremely annoyed. I would never go there again.

Asarmaria Goobakorilimu