The Ebury

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

I went to The Ebury last night for dinner and had a fantastic time. The food was delicious, I particularly enjoyed my starter of beef salad with a green chilli and parmesan salsa. The service was efficient and friendly, will definately be going back.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Our experience here was dissapointing to say the least. It was hilariously bad. A catastrophe of errors. Nothing went right for them. I have no idea why people come here at all. I don't think there's enough space on here to list out all the faults but I'll do my best to summarise:

Value for money: this place will leave you feeling ripped off as the food was expensive (£20 for main) and portion sizes small (3 tiny slithers of lamb in the main course - looked like a starter!

Food: ingredients used were obviously good but we all had issues with each part of the meal eg desserts - the apples in the apple tart weren't cooked properly, the pannacota hadn't set, and the ice cream was either icy inside or melted into a creamy pool. Wetherspoons do a better job!

Service: they lost our reservation (fair enough IT issues) and managed to sit us in a high table on bar stools. We got some fizz as a gesture (good) but were told that our service would be slow as they were busy! Turns out this was true as it took ages for every aspect of the meal. We were often left with our finished plates in front of us for ages and without drinks. Waiter and waitress neither had a clue about what drinks they actually offer. For an expensive restaurant I expected much more. As there were 5 of us we decided to order 1 of each of the 5 desserts on offer so that we could all try a little bit of each. I doing so the waiter exclaimed that the cheese board is not enough even for 1 person so there wouldn't be enough for 5 of us to try a little and suggested we ordered 2! I then had to enquiry if any of the other desserts aren't enough for 1 person....!!! Hilarious.

Anyway I had some cheese on toast when I got home and that cheered me up! I'm not a demanding foodie but just expected good service and decent food. but really this place isn't worth it. Drinks and nibbles maybe, sit down dinner - I really wouldn't bother. They are definately trying to punch above their weight.

Wyn
Saturday, May 19, 2012

Not sure why two reviews below slate this place (upon closer inspection they both start and end the same way, blatantly written by a competitor!) but I've been here twice now and the food is just amazing.

The first time I went with my girlfriend and we had the beef carpaccio - honestly this stuff is to die for. I had never tried the dish before and it just blew me away. The second time I went with the missus and my parents for my birthday, and they got wind of it and bought me a special birthday dessert out! Cheesecake with candied macadamia nuts, very tasty indeed. Service was brilliant, they were attentive but not overbearing, oh, and the cocktails were AWESOME. I had a whiskey sour, but had a go on my girlfriends one and realised the more ladylike drink was to my taste. It had half a passionfruit in it and was the absolute money.

I'd been looking forward to going for ages and went away buzzing. Brilliant.

Josh
Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Ebury is superb, it has a wonderful atmosphere, warm and welcoming and the food is truly excellent. We had a wonderful meal, the service was attentive and friendly - The Ebury team made a special day perfect. Many thanks, we will be back.

Mel Finesilver
Saturday, January 28, 2012

Had another perfect Sunday at this restaurant. It is fast becoming my favourite place to go on the weekend. Great for families, great for friends, great for romantic lunches.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Had a great work Christmas party last week and wanted to say that i found the service really good, attentive and we all had a great evening.

The wine definately flowed, (extensive list too) the food was of a very high standard i felt and the private room upstairs was a really good setting for us, even as it got a little raucous later with all the wine going round, we were very much looked after and a great time was had by the entire party.

Tom Lovell - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, December 13, 2011

This place is shocking! Went here for a quiet Saturday afternoon drink, about 5.30pm after xmas shopping. There were only two of us, we ordered a drink at the bar and went to sit at one of the tables. After about two minutes sitting down a waitress came over and said that the table was reserved and we had to move. I asked what time it was reserved for, she said 8.00. I said "thats over two hours away" I said, she went over to check with the manager, the manager said it was fine to stay. However we got a lot of death stares from this waitress and manageress for the half hour we were at the bar.

Secondly, I went to the bar to ask for the bill and went and sat down. Waited a few minuted and the bill hadn't turned up. My girlfriend then noticed my card sitting in the machine on the side of the bar! the waiter couldn't even be bothered to walk over to my table and hand it to me (the bar was empty! so he was not busy) I then had to go up to the bar and enter my pin.

Overall I would not recommend this place for a quiet drink. I don't know what the food is like but the service is probably the worst I have encountered in the many bars/restaurants I have visited in London. Avoid.

George
Monday, December 12, 2011

Great place for after work drinks - bar menu has some good choices too and their fries are the best ove had in a while.

Friendly and buzzy atmosphere even for a quiet Wednesday, seems like it has a good crowd, not too young.

Grace
Monday, October 10, 2011

One of the worst dining experiences I have ever had!

Firstly we were kept waiting for over half an hour for a table when there were plenty available. (We were only made aware at the end of the evening that they were short of staff in the kitchen). Obviously we were strongly encouraged to keep on ordering drinks during this time. We were then seated, but positioned around the corner by the bar area where a large group were celebrating a birthday. Not quite the quiet atmosphere I was hoping for and led to us being overlooked by most of the serving staff. Then it took over 45 minutes to bring over the bread that we ordered (1 basket but they billed us for 2). In addition, when our mains turned up at around 9 o’clock (I was starving by this point) they were all ridiculously over salted. I assume this was because there was none available on the table and they were covering their bases. I would hate to think that they would have done this as we were Taste London cardholders and getting 50 % off the food. Lets just say that we were not prepared to hang around for desert.

Do not let the well-designed interior fool you. It does not reflect the quality of food and service within. Stay away.

Jake Wright
Sunday, October 09, 2011

Really nice.

Sunday roast was top notch, music good and a nice atmosphere.

Not sure if this is an every Sunday thing, but would like to go again and take some more friends this time.

Monday, September 05, 2011