Manicomio (Chelsea)

85 Duke of York Square, King's Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 4LY - View on a map

Manicomio (Chelsea) Restaurant In London

Great al fresco setting on a summer's evening but truly shambolic service. Long wait for food, wrong table's food arrived then withdrawn, some food arriving with others following 10 mins later by which time the first lot of food was cold and (my pet hate) waiters not having noted who has ordered what. You would expect this at Wagamama but not at a place where the mains are £25. Such a shame as the food itself was rather good.

Rick Brown
Tuesday, July 09, 2013

This was a terrible dining experience. I rarely write reviews but would want to warn anyone away from this restaurant, they clearly can't cope. We went for lunch yesterday. At ever possible encounter with the waiting staff something went wrong. We ordered drinks which did not arrive. The people at the table next to us left as they gave up waiting to make their order. Our starter arrived we asked if we could have the drinks that we had ordered. The drinks still didn't arrive, we asked for the drinks again, they eventually arrived. In the meantime we were asked if we minded moving tables so that a larger party could be accommodated - that wasn't a problem for us and they asked very nicely. When our main course arrived - (a pasta, the plates were cold). We were dining outside and it was extremely cold and so the food went cold very quickly. We asked for salt and pepper, it never came, we asked again for salt and pepper, eventually it arrived. We ordered a tea - it came without milk, we asked our waiter for milk, he delivered the bill instead and rushed off. We asked another waiter for milk, it arrived, the tea was now cold. We gave our credit card to pay, the wrong amount was put into the machine - although this was picked up by the waiter before it was put through. We went to the bathrooms on the way out and one of the head waiters, possibly a manager said I'm too old for this". Never again.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Had the most stunning lunch in the sun at this fantastic restaurant, the staff were amazing, the manger was totally charming and couldn't do enough to look after us. The food was fantastic and the wine list excellent, To be able to sit in the sun and watch the world wander by in central London was wonderful. Please try this great location, totally Mediterranean dinning at its best.

R Morgan
Sunday, August 12, 2012

This is the worst restaurant I've ever been to, period.

I write this as I sit down to a slice of vanilla meringue cake at Cipriani (C London these days).

Yesterday I went with my family for lunch, to this Manicomio place.

I ordered a short rib, braised. My mother a fish pasta, looked more like lao mein or e-fu to me. And my brother, a lobster spagetti, pretty bland.

My short rib was a tiny portion, covered with something like those tyrells crisps, you know the dried vegetables and the cut of meat was gristle skin and fat, with a tiny bit of edibile meat in an already small portion.

The bill over a hundred, and ok I'm dining alone right now, but I had awesome proscuitto, a great veal Milanese and not even tried this cake yet, and the bill will probably be the same.

Give this place a very big miss!

Oh and its worth nothing that this is the first time I've been to Sloane Square in about six months and the crowd has also just gone down the pot. Suburban people looking for something to bridge the gap between Loro Piana or Hermes and Primark. Can you please stay out of London, thanks. Meanwhile I'm staying in W1 and NW8!

AK