Hisar

51 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, London, SE22 8EP - View on a map

LOVELY RESTAURANT WITH FANTASTIC FOOD...

i went to hisar with group of friends.we all were made so welcome.great atmosphere that i felt like im in turkey again.the mezze selection was delicious and the portion of the plates were huge! Amazing value for money and we all looking forward to go back again,i cant wait!!!

a.smith - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Hisar used to be a great place until they priced themselves out...

Jabba the Cat
Sunday, December 15, 2013

Stumbled across this place fairly late in the night one eve when my bf and I were looking for late night dinner. So glad we popped by! We got take away from this place and ordered some bits n bobs. It was absolutely yummilicious! Grilled meats were fantastic and the pitta bread was so good (as well as the bulgar wheat!).

So good that I'm booking us in for a sit down meal to have a feast with a group of friends even tho I live absolutely nowhere near this place!

Kim
Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Strolling down Lordship Lane this evening on a whim with my girlfriend, didnt have any destination in mind but spotted this place and gave it a try, my word what a stroke of luck. We eat out on a regular basis but I haven't come across this much value, quality and friendliness wrapped up in the same restaurant in a long time. We had the set menu and even though we couldn't finish it all, it wasn't for the sake of trying. The food came so quickly and within 45 mins of sitting down we were stuffed. We're definitely going back here, tick Turkish restaurant off the list.

Mark
Friday, February 01, 2013

I don't want to sound sycophantic... but Hisar is actually just amazing. The food is simple, reasonably priced and deliiiccciooussss (definitely go for meats from the grill, the alti ezmeli is mind blowing). The lamb is so tender and succulent, the bulgur wheat is so textured and moreish and the pitta! I don't know how they make the pitta that good but it is just something else. It's a short, simple menu but all their dishes will put a smile on your face.

The waiting staff are friendly, the place is simply and elegantly decorated, with the barbecue visible from the restaurant... I've lived in places with large Turkish minorities but Hisar really is the best Turkish restaurant I've ever been to.

There are loads of great places to eat out on Lordship Lane, I genuinely think Hisar is the pick of the bunch.

Joe
Sunday, January 27, 2013

We lived off Lordship Lane for 2 years and ate at Hisar 2 or 3 times per week. We now live in Singapore and nothing comes close to a chicken sheesh from Hisar.

Simple, effective, tasty and service with a smile. We love you Hisar.

Jules and Kate