Cuba Libre

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

One of the worst dining experiences I have ever experienced. Overpriced and underseasoned is just the beginning.

I have never felt the urge to write a bad review for a restaurant before but I have also never left feeling so angry!

I went there last friday with my boyfriend and his parents (after seeing Carmen at the King's head theatre - which is FANTASTIC by the way). We had had cocktails there before and the decor/ atmosphere is great (as are the mojitos) so we thought we'd go back for a meal.

The starters arrived which were tasty, however the waitress when putting the food on the table poured sauce (incredibly fishy) all over me by mistake. This is forgivable. What is unforgivable was the fact that although she (and others) noticed she didn't even apologise or try to clean the table (or me) up... we had to use all our paper napkins and then ask (and wait) for replacements!

The second course (incredibly disapointing food) arrived with one dish missing which we had to wait for 20 minutes to arrive, again without an apology.

When we drew the manager's attention to what had happened (very politely and nicely) he again offered no apology or even a free coffee purely asking to us point out which waitress had spilled the sauce... as none of it was his fault. By this point we were so angry (it hadn't been a cheap meal by any means with a 120 pound bill for 4) that we went to a different restaurant up the road for coffee.

All in all I would go here again for a happy hour cocktail but couldn't reccomend strongly enough that you give the food and awful service a miss!!!

Fishy