UME

1 Poultry, Bank, London, EC2R 8JR - View on a map

Good spot for lunch. Recommend.

Eric
Sunday, October 20, 2013

i have to agree with the last comment, really is one of the better places to get lunch in the city. Being from the far east must admit that the ma po tofu and the lamb curry is indeed very good.

Victor
Thursday, May 30, 2013

Compared to other asian eateries around here, this is a good find. Good value, big portions. Staff can struggle a bit with their English but friendly enough though.

Hari
Thursday, February 21, 2013

I had the Massaman Curry and I must say it was poor. This is not the first time I have eaten at this place and been disappointed. I have had the Katsu, The Chilli Chicken and all are dry and never fresh as the sign outside states.

Only today did i discover that the food is pre made and just heated up, thus explaining the lack of freshness and the dryness to the food. This site claims I must approach the restaurant to give them a chance to rectify the error, but after paying over the odds for a below par meal (and this is not the first time i have let them mug me off) its high time they took notice via a public forum.

Quality of food must improve to at least justify the prices, Massaman in Sri City Thai is £7.20 and that is fresh and will leave you wanting more.

I have just thrown away from food for it being close to rubber rather than brisket.

Trainee Foodie
Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Very nice food. I've had luch here twice now and everything I've been very happy with my food.

So far I've tried the Chicken Katsu Curry and Singapore fried noodles, though a bit pricey I think its worth it.

Arra
Friday, October 12, 2012

It's such a shame that a place with quite nice asian food can be so let down by a completely and utterly inept staff at the front of house. I waited 20 minutes for my food while it sat on the food counter (not under a heat lamp) while the woman putting food in bags spent about a minute opening each plastic bag as if she'd never seen one before. The queue of people waiting for food was about 20 deep. Then I get back to my office only to find that the girl gave me the wrong food.

Shockingly bad service. I will not be going back

Victoria
Friday, September 21, 2012

Ate here a while back and was not impressed. It looked cute, typical City pan-Asian takeaway with just enough seats for you to park and eat but nothing overly comfortable. Grab and go is what it feels like. The katsu curry was very synthetic sadly, though a generous portion, but all in all I wouldn't run back. (Tsuru is best for katsu still!)

City Chick
Monday, April 02, 2012

I've just gotten back from a holiday in Malaysia so on my first visit to UME I ordered the laksa and I must say I was really impressed. I had very similar ones at Nyonya restaurants in Melaka and, in my opinion, it's better (more rich and tasty) than in the north. My friend ordered noodles which looked really nice to and he was very happy with them. I'll definitely go back.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Really great find. stumbled upon this place while at the opticians next door.

Had the Singapore noodles and as i am vegetarian queried whether it could be done without meat. The staff explained that as the food is cooked to order this would not be a problem. Food looked and tasted great in their funky boxes.

Definitely be coming back again very soon.

stuart
Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ume is an independent family run restaurant. The food is very good, generous and reasonably priced.

Try it and see for your self!!!

Sam