Il Portico

277 Kensington High Street, London, W8 6NA - View on a map

Il Portico Restaurant In London

Great meal on Friday night, excellent value for money and will certainly be returning

The four of us enjoyed a terrific meal at what appears to be one of the few remaining traditionalist places in town. Fantastic service and lovely food made for a great evening. We all had apertifs, wine and a delightful 3 course meal (the boys had the special of the day for their mains - pheasant, which was cooked to absolute perfection - and the girls a mixture of pasta and fish which again were delicious) for less than £60/head which is rare for this quality and ambiance in central Kensington.

Would change a thing, heartily recommend it and will certainly be back again

AJ
Sunday, November 23, 2014

I cannot believe that I have lived in London all my life and never seen, let alone visited, this splendid Italian restaurant. It brings back memories of how Italian restaurants used to be, which at my age is very reassuring.

It was busy on a Friday night, an eclectic crowd of widely varying ages, all having a good time under the supervision of a charming family who run it.

The food was fine and the atmosphere was buzzy, while the restaurant was unpretentious and nicely old fashioned in terms of decor and style.

If you drink enough, the price is always high, but the dishes were not excessive and you come out feeling that it was money well spent, which is all that you can ask for in a restaurant. I am looking forward to my next visit, assuming that they have a table free when I call (although you can book perfectly satisfactorily on the internet).

James - View all reviews by this user