Makan Minum

741 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill, London, N21 3RX - View on a map

Absolutely delicious!! I have eaten here about 7 times now and it gets better and better each time! Don't judge a restaurant by the outside! Definitely recommended

Friday, January 10, 2014

What a great find! This restaurant is the best in the area for authentic Malaysian food. Owned and run by a lovely couple, always friendly and welcoming, the waiting staff are just as great. If you are looking for a great SE Asian meal, you should definitely go here.

J Shay
Sunday, June 16, 2013

I went here on recommendation from a friend, I was told to try their char keow teow, being Malaysian we know good keow teow.

All I can say that this is the real deal, in fact even better than Penang and most places in Malaysia!!!!

The only problem was that I had to wait half an hour for my take out!!!! Why because there were 6 others to char befor mine!!

So I ended up watching this guy char the noodles, this guy is fast with the wok!!! Very little oil, raw fresh chicken and prawns and a whole egg go in! And ultimately no burnt taste, but with a smoky wok flavour.

Definitely one to try!!!

Man Ting - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, May 30, 2013

The food in Makan Minum is amazing, it's just a shame they don't decorate their restaurant like a restaurant instead of the cafe look they have.

Again though, the food is delicious and the staff lovely and friendly. It is also clean.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Well! I have been back so many times with different people! Like to spread the word when you find a gold mine on your door step! Totally love the fresh & tasty food and best of all cooked from scratch. Family run business who are very helpful.

Andrea Nicola
Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I have eaten here several times, and quite frankly it is the best local restaurant. The cooking is good and honest. The menu is short but it means they cook it fresh and well. I really hope it stays open - it is really good food. The restaurant is pleasant rather than palatial, but the staff are friendly and helpful. It appears expensive at first view, but the portions are good and for the quality of food you get it is actually a bargain. It is often quite quiet (which worries me), but don't be put off - it doesn't do sweet and sour pork balls or butterfly prawn tikka massala - so I think the unfamiliarity of the menu means it just doesn't get the custom it merits! Give it a try - it is delicious!

Simon
Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The best Malaysian food I've ever tasted- I was recommended the Beef Randang by the regulars and it did not disappoint. Large portions and can great value for money, my husband doesn't like chilli or bean sprouts and the staff catered for his every need. See you next week!

Sunday, October 07, 2012

I ate in this restaurant last night, and I can truthfully say this was the worst Malaysian food I have tasted. The nasi goring was just overpriced egg fried ice and the gado gado was just beansprouts with an awful “satay” sauce swamped over it. I was even asked if I had not tasted Malaysian food before. Stay away!

John
Wednesday, September 05, 2012

We use the restaurant on a regular basis.

Its awesome!

Graham Wright
Sunday, July 01, 2012

We have eaten here twice, turned up in large family groups without booking. Warm, friendly welcome, unobtrusive service waiter has the patience of a saint, and the food is truly lovely. Not he biggest choice in the world, but something for everyone. My nephew from HK said he liked it and he is so hard to please! My other nephew has been back a few times with friends.

Hazel