Bright Courtyard

43-45 Baker Street, Marylebone, London, W1U 8EW - View on a map

Bright Courtyard Restaurant In London

I went some months ago with my six female friends. This restaurant was unknown to me and my friends. All of ordered what we usually have at Chinese restuarants but here we asked the manager for his advice. These were the best we have ever tasted.

Today we are going back 10 relatives for an enjoyable night out.

None of my guests have eaten at Bright Courtland ever. I am sure they will enjoy the food and go back later.

Sheila Majid - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Best dim sum that I have had since returning from Hong Kong. The food was tasty and well presented. Best siu long bau (Shanghai dim sum) in London. Try the avocado tempura of langoustine. Tea was quickly refilled. Service was a bit aloof but and quick. We even got a fruit platter on the house.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Fantastic food, great service and great atmosphere. Better than royal china across the road in every way! The wine is a bit over priced but have seen worse!

Jan
Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Expect terrible service! When the manager is unhelpful there is no hope! Very unpleasant experience! Should have followed the advice from other reviews.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I was given a brand new experience for having Chinese cuisine at Bright Courtyard. I went there for afternoon tea and dim sum since it has been recommended by more than one friend and colleagues of mine, plus its convenient location attract me walking away from Saturday shopping to have a nice break.

I love the way that authentic and traditional Cantonese and Shanghainese dim sum are presented in a modern way and served in contemporary decorated dining hall. The service is also noticeably good, you don't need to wait for your teapot to be refilled. It was taken care of all the times.

I decided when I left there that I should definitly be back for dinner in the near future and surely I will psot my dinner experience here.

Rosemary
Friday, October 05, 2012

We organised a birthday lunch there the other day for less than 10 people and even though we had a confirmed reservation, they made us wait for up to ONE HOUR!! No sincere apology, no updates and no tea offered whilst we were waiting around.

We repeatedly asked whether we could have lunch in their outside area which was clearly empty but they refused to serve us there. Suddenly, after 10min, we see other guests being seated in that area. What a slap in the face!

When we mentioned that we could have gone to Royal China across the road an hour ago, they responded coldly: "Why don't you go there then!". Absolutely appalling service and attitude by the restaurant manager.

When we finally managed to get a table one hour later and ordered our food, 20 MIN LATER we were suddenly informed that many items on the menu were no longer available. Seriously?!?

We also requested ice water which we never received and when we asked for it again the waitress slammed the glasses on the table so water dripped out left and right.

Our dim sum dropped out of her hand once and it had to be replaced and food ordered never arrived but they still charged us for the food!!! They've overcharged us £30 because they didn't remove the items. When we asked for the Manager, he never bothered to come out.

What kind of restaurant is this? Arrogant staff who are inefficient, not smiling, arrogant and disorganised. No customer service skills whatsoever.

Waiters never came back to process the payment. We had to walk to the front to pay the bill. When we complained to the restaurant manager, he was arrogant as ever "But the food was good right?" You must be kidding me. Dim sum was overcooked and tasteless.

Been living in London for a while now but this was by far my worst restaurant experience EVER! Would not recommend going there - Royal China and Hakkasan are so much better! This place is a joke. Appalling service!

Monday, October 01, 2012

Having lived in HK for 7 years we've come across some good dim sum. And Bright Courtyard is up there with the very good dim sum (albeit less variety).

I'm a little surprised at some of the negative reviews, because every time we've been to the restaurant for dim sum, the service has been excellent. Hot towels and pickles once you sit down, orders for drinks taken, and the dim sum comes out fairly quickly after the order.

Royal China in Baker St and Bayswater used to be our favourites, but we find that the dim sum at Bright Courtyard is more delicate and refined. Plus not having to wait up to 45 mins for a table on a weekend is really really important. Best of all, the price of dim sum per head comes up the same, if not cheaper than what we pay at Royal China. And we eat A LOT.

I'm just really surprised that Bright Courtyard is so quiet on the weekends. That said, we've never been for dinner. They have a really really excellent dim sum chef, so perhaps their dinner or a la carte chefs are letting them down as a lot of the reviews seem to relate to dinner bookings.

Chocci