The Bull

13 North Hill, Highgate, London, N6 4AB - View on a map

The Bull Restaurant In London

I SO want to love the Bull. However the last 2 times I was there the service was excruciatingly slow, despite the place being virtually empty both times. When I went in with a friend for an early dinner and said we only had 1.5 hours for dinner so we could make a West End show, we were greeted with a smile and a menu. After half an hour of being ignored we walked out and had a very nice quick meal at the pub opposite.

The last straw was when I took an important client there for lunch. We both had about an hour for lunch but could be a bit flexible. I told the "greeter" that we were were there for lunch. After 35 minutes she took our order, but only because I went to find her behind the bar because I assumed she had forgotten about us, despite the empty restaurant. My guest and I both ordered the recommended soup of the day, but that took 40 minutes to arrive. After sitting for a further hour and a half in front of our empty soup bowls, our main course was finally brought. It took no less than THREE HOURS for a two course business lunch at the Bull. As I was the host, I was incredibly embarrassed. NEVER AGAIN!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

We celebrated our son's wedding at the Bull. So we rented the whole place on Friday July 12, 2013. Dan and his staff really made this day for all arround 150 guests, coming from over 15 countries (a.o. Belgium, Isral, Australia, China, Norway, Turkey, Italy, Spain...) to an unforgettable experience. Superb food and drinks, perfect service, top DJ, very good atmosphere. I only can firmly recommend this pub.

Stan Schoonbaert, Antwerp, Belgium. - View all reviews by this user