Loong Kee Cafe

134 Kingsland Road, Shoreditch, London, E2 8DY - View on a map

The seats are so cramped together. I'd say that is very greedy of them in an effort to squeeze extra seats. Very hard to get in and out.

Another problem is that they do not hire enough waiters. It took ages for my table to get served. Whenever we wanted something, it's hard to get their attention, very frustrating, ruins the night. My friends and I pay money to get good food and service, not the case here. Reading the reviews here, I can see I am not the only frustrated customer.

Won't be coming back for sure.

Nicola
Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I'm still a fan of Loong Kee but I need to update my last review. Went back recently and had a bad experience. Restaurant was about a quarter full, including one party of about 10-12 people, with one waiter serving everyone - I don't know if that's a lot to deal with but I doubt it. Either way, we waited about 10 minutes without our order being taken or, more importantly, a drinks order being taken. I went up to the waiter and asked him - politely and without any attitude - if he could take our order when he was free. Well. That didn't go down very well. He was extremely off-hand after that, which isn't really acceptable since he wasn't doing his job very well in the first place and we shouldn't have been punished for that. My pho arrived - two types of beef in it - one was fine, one was utterly inedible (a thick gristly layer around it and strewn with fat).

It took the shine off what I thought was one of the better restaurants on the Kingsland strip, and I was staggered by his short-sightedness and rudeness.

Wendy
Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Great! Go here rather than the 'old faves' on Kingsland Road. Food just as good, if not better; service definitely better; atmosphere less hectic.

wendy
Friday, March 22, 2013

This is one of my favourite Vietnamese on kingsland rd. I recently went again and hang the salt and pepper squid, steam rolls (prawns) ... which is unique to this restaurant, and the hanoi fish. Amazing food. The rice came after the food which was a little annoying but overall I would definitly go back and its well worth the money. BYOB as well! :)

On the way out we got a flyer saying they deliver... we will try that next on a rainy day. Sweet!
View/Add comments (1)