Loong Kee Cafe

134 Kingsland Road, Shoreditch, London, E2 8DY - View on a map

The seats are so cramped together. I'd say that is very greedy of them in an effort to squeeze extra seats. Very hard to get in and out.

Another problem is that they do not hire enough waiters. It took ages for my table to get served. Whenever we wanted something, it's hard to get their attention, very frustrating, ruins the night. My friends and I pay money to get good food and service, not the case here. Reading the reviews here, I can see I am not the only frustrated customer.

Won't be coming back for sure.

Nicola
Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I'm still a fan of Loong Kee but I need to update my last review. Went back recently and had a bad experience. Restaurant was about a quarter full, including one party of about 10-12 people, with one waiter serving everyone - I don't know if that's a lot to deal with but I doubt it. Either way, we waited about 10 minutes without our order being taken or, more importantly, a drinks order being taken. I went up to the waiter and asked him - politely and without any attitude - if he could take our order when he was free. Well. That didn't go down very well. He was extremely off-hand after that, which isn't really acceptable since he wasn't doing his job very well in the first place and we shouldn't have been punished for that. My pho arrived - two types of beef in it - one was fine, one was utterly inedible (a thick gristly layer around it and strewn with fat).

It took the shine off what I thought was one of the better restaurants on the Kingsland strip, and I was staggered by his short-sightedness and rudeness.

Wendy
Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Great! Go here rather than the 'old faves' on Kingsland Road. Food just as good, if not better; service definitely better; atmosphere less hectic.

wendy
Friday, March 22, 2013

This is one of my favourite Vietnamese on kingsland rd. I recently went again and hang the salt and pepper squid, steam rolls (prawns) ... which is unique to this restaurant, and the hanoi fish. Amazing food. The rice came after the food which was a little annoying but overall I would definitly go back and its well worth the money. BYOB as well! :)

On the way out we got a flyer saying they deliver... we will try that next on a rainy day. Sweet!
View/Add comments (1)

Mark Engles
Friday, October 12, 2012

Fantastic food and friendly waiter :X definitely will come back.

Thumb up for the steamed rolls (banh cuon) ... the best in London I've ever tried!!

Laura - View all reviews by this user
Monday, May 07, 2012

First time I've been to a Vietnamese. Went with two friends. Probably one of the best meals out ive had. The food was lush. Had Vietnamese special fried rice, satay prawns, goat (favourite dish), frogs legs (which were surprizingly tasty) and Vietnamese pancakes. All tasted amazing! Service was average. Only cost £18 each including desert. Love BYOB. Plus there were a lot of Asian customers which is always a good sign!

All in all i highly recommend this place as the food was superb. Had a great night and can't wait to go back!

Jess - View all reviews by this user
Monday, May 07, 2012

Met some friends for some late dinner and sat down at 9:30 this evening.

Waiter took our orders immediately and provided us with the tea which we ordered.

During the hour we were there, several tables which were sat after us were served, whilst the waiters continued to tell us our food was on the way.

After the hour had passed, we had no choice but to move on elsewhere.

Terrible service. I shall not be visiting this restaurant ever again.

Steph
Friday, January 13, 2012

First of all - to the reviewer below who doesn't have anything nice to say, are you the owner of the cafe you talk about in Canada Water?

My review: I work in the city and have popped into Loong Kee several times for lunch with colleagues. Lunch isn't their busy period, so the food was served quickly and the service was friendly.

I always go for the Banh Cuon (steamed rolls), best in London IMO. The portions are also huge, my colleagues loved the grilled meat & spring roll vermicelli, and the tangy chicken and prawn salad was appreciated all round.between the 4 of us we ordered 5 dishes and tea for everyone, the bill came to £36 :)

this place has been around for years, I'd recommend anyone there, trust me, I'm Vietnamese ;)

London Viet Chick