15-17 Broadwick Street, Soho, London, W1F 0DL - View on a map

Yauatcha Restaurant In London

What happened? The place was great and now it is one of the worst.

A total rip-off! The food is of average quality, service none and prices, through the roof.

Never again, be warned!

Robert Weinberg
Wednesday, May 07, 2014

We were unable to get a table sooner than 9:30pm with toptable yesterday. we got there promptly at 9:15 and were ushered to our tables. after waiting for 10 mins for someone to take our drink orders, we requested the waiter serving the adjacent table to help us and ordered a few beers. in the next 5 mins around 9:30 we ordered our food at one go. when we were eating our excellent dimsums, the waiter asked us if there was anything else we wanted to order as the kitchen was closing (at 9:45???) I informed him that we would like desserts which he said was fine. we then got our main course. by the time we finished our main course 10pm, the waiter who had been serving us was nowhere to be seen, it seemed his shift was up and he dissappeared! after waiting patiently for some one to serve us, I called the manager and asked for the dessert menu, which I got promptly, only when I asked to order the dessert (now 10:10) was I told "I will send some one for this". What I got next is a gentleman who could just about express himself in english telling me out of the 2 pages of over a dozen varieties there are only 2 "remaining available desserts". why would you take a reservation at 9:30 if you run out of food by 10:15? Im paying 50 quid a head for street food at a fancy place, the least you can do is make it available??

the dimsums are great both veg/non-vegatarian, the food is average, the service is average the VEGETARIAN options are MINIMAL to say the least and the desserts ran out!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The dumplings were second to none. Anyone who rates this place poorly has simply ordered wrong. I thought the service was great! Not what you usually expect from an Asian resultant as they were a lot friendlier than usual. The har gau were the best I've ever had. Will be going again. Fully justifies its price tag.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

This place was recommended by friends who had dined there recently. I took my wife for our 10th Anniversary meal. We don't get out that much without the kids so were looking forward to a special evening. How disappointed we were. The food here is good (we went for Dim Sum and no mains). However the service fails on so many basic levels. No offer of a drink while you choose your meal and wine. No single person serving you. A surly waitress who didn't smile, didn't give you eye contact or even seem to care about giving you a nice experience. I then had a waiter spill a tray all over my back and chair - they actually dealt with this ok but rather than offering a free dessert (which we may not have had anyway), why didn't they offer us the wine for free - something that actually means something to them and us as customers. We than had water glasses removed without being asked if we wanted more. They take the time and effort to recommend dessert wines with dessert. Were we even offered anything with our our desserts - NO! When our wine was finished we weren't offered more. And then we weren't even offered coffee. We then sat for 20mins without a single thing on our table - no glasses, no plates, no cutlery - nothing (can't think of any time where that has happened). This obviously wasn't a big enough clue that maybe we were finished. So we had to get the attention of the nearest waiter/waitress to get the bill. The bill arrived and yes, the dessert charge was taken off. However the cheeky gits put the service charge on which is almost as much as the desserts. We asked the manager to take the service charge off, which he did. He assumes it was because of the spillage incident. When I tried to explain that was the least of the problems, he really didn't seem to be listening. We then paid our bill and sat for another 10 mins and then had to ask for our piggin' coats. They were brought by Miss Misery-guts and almost thrown at us. Then I couldn't see my scarf. By this stage I just wanted to get out of there, so I asked here where my scarf was and she stormed over and showed me it hidden in my jacket sleeve (why didn't I think to look in there - would maybe have found it if she had held my coat out for me to put on!). She then tutted as she turned away which was the last straw for me.

This restaurant has succeeded in giving me my 2nd worst dining experience ever. I will NEVER go back as they showed blatant disregard for the dining experience and customer service. This is obviously a endemic problem within the business and they really need to get back to basics. It's not rocket science.

Alan Scott
Monday, November 19, 2012

First time went to Yauatcha. Service and food rubbish!!!! Can't believe they charged me almost £50 to eat some rubbish food! Best go to China Town for proper real Dim Sum! We booked a table for 7pm and it was not ready until 7.20pm! Not the same without Alan Yau!

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Visited this restaurant last night for my birthday. We sampled many dim sum dishes and a few cocktails each. The food was good, to be expected from a Michelin starred eatery. The atmosphere is great, decor lovely, very hip, very with the times.

But, again, the service was lacking! The waiters do not smile, don't offer you that extra bit of attention. It is as if they're talking through you. Our cocktails were taken before we actually finished them. They did make other ones on the house when we complained, but the initial mistake isn't what you would expect when paying around £100 per head.

It was a Friday night, and all staff are up to their ears with work. But I don't like to feel like I am a lamb at a factory, being grazed, plumped up, and then tossed after the two hour 'grace time'.

I can see with most posts, many others have complained about the service as I have. Question is, do staff members at Yautcha actually read these comments to their advantage? Otherwise, they will seriously lose their customer base and rep.

I don't think I would go again...

Saturday, October 13, 2012