Mahdi Restaurant

217 King Street, Hammersmith, London, W6 9JT - View on a map

Mahdi Restaurant Restaurant In London

I love the food at this restaurant. Tastes delicious and is excellent value for money. I continuously bring different friends here to try it and tend to avoid a Friday and Saturday night now having had the experience of being rushed and the bill being put in front of us when we didn't ask for it because they are very busy and require the table. Tonight however is a week night and introduced 3 friends to Mahdi and was very upset that the waiter asked us to leave because he needed our table to join onto a big group. He didn't ask us to move to a different table he actually asked us to leave! There were at least 9 other tables empty that we could have moved to. He then got stroppy with us because we wanted to pay by card. Such a disappointment especially when i eat there often. Never been asked to leave a restaurant in my life before!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The food is good but not exeptional compared to other similar restaurant. They have forgotten (willingly i think as it seems they had lots of take away orders that night and had trouble to fullfil all of them on time) to bring me my starter and the bread. It can happen but they should have been straightforward with it. However, they did not apologise and tried to rip me off by charging me for the items i never received.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I love this place and travel half way across London to eat here. The food is top notch and the atmosphere is nice. On a busy night service can be a little slow but the waiters are friendly and helpful. One of my favourite restaurants in London.

APW
Friday, August 16, 2013

I and my wife went to Mahdi last night, we did not feel welcome, the waiter was quite immature and unpleasant, we had to wait 20 minutes to be served and after that it took about 30 minutes for our food, the meat was cold and disgusting, and in the end they asked if I could pay in cash, apparently the minimum payment is £20!

In summary if you want great food and great service try somewhere else.
View/Add comments (1)

Kami
Saturday, April 20, 2013

This is one of the best iranian restaurants in London.

The service, food and atmosphere are great. The food is freshly made everyday with typical ingredients of the middle east cuisine.

I have been there many times with friends and family and I had never been dissapointed.

It is absolutely fantastic place to eat with value for your money.

Cesar
Friday, March 15, 2013

great food - always busy, large portion sizes

jc
Sunday, June 17, 2012

My entire family; father, mother, husband, children, sisters and brother have over the past 10 years eaten at Mahdi's and ordered take-away from time to time. The food is very good, tasty, priced well and in filling portions. I have taken many a friend their and it is always an enjoyable cultural experience with a satisfied feeling after. i recommend it to everyone who is looking for a good Iranian food experience.

Sunday, June 03, 2012

great food i have to admit, huge portions, worth the money definitely

rude waiters, push you to buy a lot of food

would go back though as a family outing.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I thought that the restaurant was amazing all the different displays fantastic and the foood was divine

miriam
Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Delicious food, and clearly incredibly popular with the local Iranian community which says great things about its authenticity. The Dolma and baby lamb kofte are some of the best I've ever tasted. Service is a bit hit and miss but always well-meaning and polite, even if they do seem in a terrible rush all the time. Definitely worht a visit, particularly for large groups or parties.

Emma F