The Oyster Shed

Ground Floor, 5 Angel Lane, City, London, EC4R 3AB - View on a map

The Oyster Shed Restaurant In London

As it is just down the road from my mates work in the city he suggested it as a convenient place to meet and the location, although hidden away, is great. Not many places have the benefit of a riverside view and unless you fancy joining the tourists down on the south bank it is a real plus.

For a wednesday lunchtime it seemed reasonably busy and certainly gave a good vibe as i walked in to see plenty of people either tucking into some lunch or at the bar drinking. Something that always makes me happy is a decent choice of real ales and i wasn't disappointed here. The barman let me know that the cheekily named "Naked Ladies" from the Twickenham brewery was the best in his opinion if i liked a hoppier beer and he was spot on.

My friend arrived soon after and we moved to a free table to sit down. A waiter came over soon after we had sat down and asked if we were looking for anything to eat, gave us some menus to look at and pointed out the specials board to us. We both ordered the burger with cheese and bacon and a top up for our drinks. The food arrived in good time and was served on chunky boards to match the equally chunky chips. The burger was nice and juicy and just what was needed after a pint or two.

Although i was stuffed my mate tucked into the cheeseboard and a large glass of merlot, whilst I nursed another pint of bitter. As it was quietening down we had a good chat with our waiter who said we should stay until the evening when it would start to get busy again but unfortunately this time we had to take a pass. However, we did promise to come back for a night out another day to our waiter as he said goodbye on our way out.

All in all a good lunch and a pint out; the staff were all friendly, the food was tasty and the atmosphere was great. Can't wait to come back when the sun is out and have another burger by the Thames.

Monday, February 25, 2013