Mari Vanna

116 Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7PJ - View on a map

Mari Vanna Restaurant In London

Telegraph

Matthew Norman - 8/10

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - Mari Vanna’s charm lies in its offering of a nostalgic fantasy which is at once obviously ersatz and entirely seductive...Main courses were ideal winter warmers. “Really good, big flavour,” said my friend of golubtzi, two rectangular slabs of cabbage leaf-wrapped rice, pork and veal, covered with a luridly orange tomatoey sauce. Siberian pelmeni, wonton-style dumplings filled with pork and beef, were undersalted and anodyne (they too needed sour cream) but light and perfectly cooked.

Guardian

Jay Rayner

Sunday, May 20, 2012 - We stick to the classics. We have a dish of pelmeni. The silky little meat-stuffed dumplings come with a cooling bowl of soured cream and are completely compelling. We have golubtzi, the cabbage leaves stuffed with a big, butch mix of pork, veal and rice. At Mari Vanna everything is stuffed, including the diners...Mari Vanna is completely bonkers, but in a sweet way. It really is charming.

+ Show more critic reviews

Had a very pleasant lunch here and as I write I'm in semi-comatose carbo-overload. Attentive but not overbearing service, good-sized portions and pleasantly seasoned dumplings, but it is all quite heavy. Even the salads. Fabulous decor and I imagine it would be a good romantic venue for the evening. Lots of ladies who lunch; I guess they will all go and work it off at Pilates later.

HW3 - View all reviews by this user