Kitchen 264 @ The Collection

264 Brompton Road, South Kensington, London, SW3 2AS - View on a map

Kitchen 264 @ The Collection Restaurant In London

Marina O'Loughlin

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - Roasted sweet potato with chorizo and rocket is inoffensive. It's one of many 'small plates'; we're encouraged to order several, winding up with a bill that could only be welcomed by someone used to paying 500 quid for shoes. But that lamb, with its greasy slick of pistachio pesto, ceremonially deboned at the table until it's corpse cold, is a tragedy. As is seared squid with haricot beans dosed with so much peppercorn that I'm coughing for hours...If you're in the market for copping off with the likes of Spencer or Hugo from Made In Chelsea, this might be your dream ticket.

No readers reviews yet.
Why not be the first and enter our competition to win a bottle of champagne.
Click here to write your review.

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 5/10

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - Buffalo tartar was my favourite, cleverly hiding a quails egg within, although the accompanying crispbread was way too salty to eat - I scraped off a layer of the stuff so thick I could have seasoned an entire porterhouse with it. Burrata was very good (and very salty too) with more of that (very salty) crispbread, and a scallop carpaccio used good fresh ingredients and looked very pretty on the plate. Quite salty though. Mains were, for various reasons that I think you may have picked up on by now, nearly right. A 250g sirloin steak, of good beef and cooked medium-rare, was so hugely oversalted I had to eat it between desperate gulps of tap water, and the weirdly bland tomato puree didn't do anything for it.