MEATliquor

76 Welbeck Street, Marylebone, London, W1G 0BA - View on a map

MEATliquor Restaurant In London

Meat Liquor is a great place to eat and hangout with friends. The best burgers in London are served up with fried pickles, onion rings, and many more delicious items. No reservations, so you will have to compete with others for a table.

anna - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, September 03, 2014

As I've said before, it's not for everyone. Personally, I love it and if we're ever in the area, we usually end up here for a few cocktails and trays of messy, delicious dive bar dishes. Their burgers still make my London top ten list and my partner can't get enough of their hot sauced chicken wings and Philly cheesesteak. It's not fancy, it's probably not even the best burger in town, but you'll leave happy, full and drunk, with enough cash left over for a cab home.

-K- - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The whole queue thing would be fun if it was worth the wait, but after standing outside for an hour we then get let in and told there is a further 20 minute wait inside. The environment is horrendous, best described as 'abattoir themed' all red and black and dark. The music is too loud and the table we were sat at was so dirty my friend ran a napkin along it which was covered in thick black grease about cm thick. The greasy food comes on a tray, no plates. We ordered two desserts, only one came despite being charged for both. The waitress plops it down and says 'we didn't have any clean spoons' and literally runs away! Hilariously terrible service. If you want an amazing burger try Goodman, or Riding House Cafe, or Christ even Byron. Save yourself the bother.

Burger lover
Sunday, October 20, 2013

Revolting. We had: Fried Pickles, Chilli Cheese Fries, Bacon Cheese Burger, Dead Hippie Burger, Slaw and Chicken Wings...(1) Fried Pickles were cut so thin and coated in so much batter that it was just like eating a big stick of fried batter; all grease, no flavour, (2) Chilli Cheese Fries were actually unpleasant - tasted very SOUR (why!?), with dry bland chilli, (3) Bacon Cheese Burger patty was tasteless and dry as was the bun, (4) Dead Hippie Burger was tasteless, (5) Slaw tasted overpoweringly of black pepper - really unpleasant, (6) Chicken wings were very, very bland despite being advertised as being covered in hot sauce.

Add to that that when the bill came, an extra £1 'voluntary' charity donation had been added to it - W-T-Actual-F?! Absolutely bizarre to add anything to the bill that someone has not even been asked about, yet alone actively agreed to. Cheeky... If they'd just asked I would have probably donated in excess of that but, given the fact they had to cheek to just add something to my bill, I asked them to remove it - which was clearly a chore for the poor poser of a so-called waiter.

Then there's the place itself; music is way too loud to talk with your friends over your meal, the lights way too dark to the point you need to squint to see the menu, and the decor is just cheesy and cringe-worthy...Would have probably been quite cool in upper-east-side-New-York around the beginning of the 2000's but here and now, its just absolutely cringe - trying very hard to be cool and failing spectacularly.

I would only go here for novelty....

"Have you ever wondered what it would be like to eat dinner at a squat party?...Then check out Meat Liquor for that contrived squat-themed restaurant experience you've been missing!"

Owners should be embarrassed.
View/Add comments (2)

Warren - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, October 08, 2013

I really like Meat Liquor. The food never disappoints and I love the music that they play (I find it odd that people complain about noise levels - there are plenty of places to eat that are either silence zones or peddle muzak if either is more your thing). It was busy on Saturday night, but no unbearably so, and the service really seemed to have picked up since our last visit: it was friendly, smiley and much less self-consciously cool. The food is great value, but I do think they lay it on thick with drinks prices (though cocktails are ok value) and do naughty things like automatically dole out huge measures for spirits without checking with you first. But if you're not drinking you really can't complain about your bill, and it still feels like a very cool place to eat, especially for this part of town.

whipped - View all reviews by this user
Monday, August 19, 2013

The first time I went (back in autumn 2012), it was a revelation. The bacon cheeseburger I ordered was the best I had ever had. I went back the other day and the story was rather different. The same burger I ordered was dry, pretty tasteless and evidently overcooked. The first visit was during an off-peak period, the second when it was rammed, so I can only assume that the chef this time was overworked and took his eye off the ball. This place is still great (the onion rings remain memorable) and I will certainly be going back but don't let the hype blind you to the fact that clearly they do sometimes get it a bit wrong.

Alex
Sunday, June 09, 2013

Eaten here loads of times.

Positives - One of the best burgers anywhere. Fantastic fries. Great onion rings. Great value for money.

Negatives - Sometimes have to wait for a table. Trying too hard to be trendy. Interior looks like a Satanists squat. Staff appears to be more interested in fashion than actually serving. Have to eat off trays using kitchen roll.

If you are a burger lover, don't worry about the negatives and just go there. If not, then it is probably not your cup of tea.

NicZ - View all reviews by this user