MEATliquor

76 Welbeck Street, Marylebone, London, W1G 0BA - View on a map

MEATliquor Restaurant In London

Telegraph

Zoe Williams

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - If I'd known it would be an hour and a half, on a freezing Tuesday night in January, between joining it and sitting down...well, I still would have done it. But I did it so you don't have to...Then the burgers arrived. M and I had chilli cheese. C had a plain cheeseburger. They were monumentally succulent, the chilli actually worked in this context, the cheese was mild but not characterless, the bun was, well, perfectly bunnish. There probably isn't a better burger to be had in London for 6.50.

Foodepedia

Foodepedia

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - It provokes all the right stirrings. The breathing deepens, the arteries bulge, and a whack of full meaty flavour is released upon your chops. The Chilli Cheese Burger is just as pleasing. There is also a Bacon Cheese Burger and a Double Bubble Double Cheese Burger. Again, the thick agglomeration of meat, like Discobolus' discus, is held by two cosy buns. I fire it up further with splashes of Dave's Hot Sauce and it rips a hole through my gob and brings tears to my eyes. I take another large bite and almost soil myself.

+ Show more critic reviews

Meat Liquor is a great place to eat and hangout with friends. The best burgers in London are served up with fried pickles, onion rings, and many more delicious items. No reservations, so you will have to compete with others for a table.

anna - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, September 03, 2014

As I've said before, it's not for everyone. Personally, I love it and if we're ever in the area, we usually end up here for a few cocktails and trays of messy, delicious dive bar dishes. Their burgers still make my London top ten list and my partner can't get enough of their hot sauced chicken wings and Philly cheesesteak. It's not fancy, it's probably not even the best burger in town, but you'll leave happy, full and drunk, with enough cash left over for a cab home.

-K- - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Bellaphon

Bellaphon

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - Yes, vegetarians can eat here. The halloumi burger was succulent, delicious even. The onion rings looked like enormous stacks of doughnuts. The beer batter was the right combination of fluffy and crisp...By now the kitchen had caught up and Les got a burger. He wasn't that impressed, said it wasn't seasoned enough and not medium rare...I would return for the food, but restaurants like this are for those in their 20s to early 30s. You'd need a stun gun to get me back there.

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 9/10

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - The fact they can still come up with the goods on a much larger scale with such a high level of consistency is delightful, perhaps, but it's not news. But let me just tell you about one more thing - the Buffalo Chicken Burger. Deep-fried chicken breast coated in some kind of crunchy batter, soaked in the Buffalo sauce, smothered in mayo and encased in those same glossy, firm rolls, it is unbelievably good...MEATLiquor isn't for everyone - it's noisy, brash, calculatedly seedy and, just like #MEATEASY, there's a good chance you'll have to queue. It's also completely and utterly brilliant. I'd say that was worth a bit of a wait, wouldn't you?