Roka (Charlotte St)

37 Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 1RR - View on a map

Roka (Charlotte St) Restaurant In London

London Eater

London Eater

Monday, March 15, 2010 - I actually really love this place. I love the concept of it and I think the food is lip smackingly brilliant. Aside from a few duds on the menu, I think Roka is a prime example of an exceptional highly evolved, highly produced and eerily pretentious restaurant that so epitomises modern metropolitan classiness. It is a tad cheaper than the other stripped down elegant Japanese inspired brand with a gimmicky roasting machine - a wood-fire oven at Nobu Berkeley in place of a robata. If I had to choose, I would choose Roka over and over again. I highly recommend it if you have money to throw around.

A Girl Has To Eat

A Girl Has To Eat - 7/10

Friday, March 12, 2010 - The food menu is full of choices, but it's always hard to pass up on a black cod marinated in yuzu (a citrus fruit) miso and homemade hajikami (ginger pickled in vinegar). This was a lovely rendition of the classic Nobu dish, with the cod being succulent and flaky. It oozed with lots of sweet, slightly sticky yuzu miso sauce...We also had a quail marinated in plum wine and red miso where the slight tartness of the plum flavour worked well with the miso to give the quail a lovely finish. However the quail was slightly dry and a touch less time on the grill would have left it moister.