Silom Thai

Silom Village, 57 The Mall, Ealing, London, W5 3TA - View on a map

A couple of days ago, me and my husband went there with our one year old son. In order to keep him entertained while we were waiting for our order to arrive, we let him play with the spoons kept on the table. Once in a while our kid was dropping the spoons down as a part of his play and I had to pick them up and give it back to him (failure to do that would have upset him). The waiter there was extremely rude and told us to stop making noise. When we tried to explain him about our son being just a typical one year old who needs to be entertained while mummy and daddy are waiting for food to arrive, he told us that as parents we should be controlling his behaviour. ( I mean my child was not even misbehaving or creating a havoc)

And as if that's exactly what we wanted - a big dollop of advice from a waiter who god only knows whether he has any experience in parenting. Anyway, we found it extremely rude when he advised us on parenting. It's not that our child was making a lot of noise and that other customers were complaining. So I would strongly advise you to not go to SIlom Village if you have a toddler.

Pam
Friday, February 24, 2012

We eat here often and love the food, the service is basic, but i'm not fussy as the food arrives hot and in under 15 mins everytime, the Salmon with roasted chillies is a must when visiting!

I do think that the service charge is a little bit cheeky especially when we eat here twice a week, we would leave a tip once a week and they would maybe get more than what they charge us! i like to make my own mind up about the service i pay!

DianePepper - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Used to be a regular haunt due to the good value and quality of the cooking. I agree with a number of reviewers here, that the service has deteriorated considerably. So much so, that it mars the overall experience - especially when they include the service charge in the bill.

PS