Bengal Quay

1-2 Beaufort Court, Admiral Way, Docklands, London, E14 9XL - View on a map

Bengal Quay Restaurant In London

Me & the wife came to London for the weekend, stayed at the Hilton hotel at Canary Wharf, we wanted to go somewhere nice to eat & was recommend to try Bengal Quay by 1 of the staff at the hotel. It's few minutes walk from the hotel but hidden, good location.

1st impression was nice restaurant, spacious, nice decor, more importantly welcoming. We got a table by the window, nice round table, got the menu. I was actually impressed with the menu coz its simple but exciting dishes, dishes I've never heard of like Karaki Lamb or the Lamb Sweta. We ordered our food & Drinks, git to admit it wasn't long till our starter arrived, followed by the main meal. Ordered the Imli Scallops, Mixed Starter, Karaki Lamb, Chicken Tikka, Sea bass dish, Til Baigan, Dhall Tarka, Chilli Nan, Peshwari Nan & Bengal Rice.

I must say their house special red sauce is amazing, very different, never had anything like it before. So glad we came here, this was well worth it, food was excellent, service is brilliant, staff are great, nice & friendly, they even made an effort to make a short conversation, like they want to get to know their customers, which is great, after we asked for the bill, they offered us a round of drinks from the management, which was nice.

Over all I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, good price, great food, friendly staff & good atmosphere. 10/10

Definitely return here when I'm in London next time.

J Ross
Monday, June 29, 2015

Last night i had a nice meal with my friends in Bengal quay indian restaurant

I ordered one of the special curry name (karaki lam) which is recommend by one of the old staff and he served us so nicely I have to say outstanding

Service, superb.i enjoyed it.

However i find it very funny there was three people siting next to the table and they had some food and they paying their bill one of them asking for one extra bill to the waiter he said to them we are not allowed to give any extra bill sir. which i agree that would be illegal. The people were shouting at the waiter without any good point. That was a really really bad thing.

i personally feel like sorry for the waiter. all the waiter are really good friendly and young.

Rob
Friday, May 10, 2013

This Restaurant is amazing, the food is absolutely delicious and I would definitely recommend it to everyone. On the downside the restaurant is hard to find (it's next to the Hilton hotel) if anyone wants to go and I am sure you would not be disappointed.

Mary
Monday, January 07, 2013

The food is OK here but nothing spectacular and I would have to agree with the reviewer below that some of the staff are very rude.

We had extremely slow service during the whole meal - after trying to get someone's attention for about 15 mins we had to actually send someone over to the waiters' station to say that we were ready to order food, and then still had nothing on the table almost an hour after arriving. Even drinks orders took over ten minutes to arrive. God knows how they would cope if the restaurant was ever full.

Anyway, after all this we settled up the bill (with S/C already included). When we got to the bar to ask for our coats the guy was adding up and shaking his head so I asked whether it was okay, and he muttered sullenly "it's 10p short", so I got out my purse, at which he started saying it didn't matter but I (admittedly a little abruptly) threw a 10 pence piece on the counter. Then he glared at me, and muttered something to the other guy.

Here's a tip: if you want bigger gratuities, try being more attentive and getting orders out promptly; almost 2 hours is far too long for lunch on a work day.

I won't be coming back and therefore probably the rest of the team won't either. But as long as you get your relatives and friends to post glowing reviews you'll probably get by.

Enjoy your 10p.