Bengal Quay

1-2 Beaufort Court, Admiral Way, Docklands, London, E14 9XL - View on a map

Bengal Quay Restaurant In London

Me & the wife came to London for the weekend, stayed at the Hilton hotel at Canary Wharf, we wanted to go somewhere nice to eat & was recommend to try Bengal Quay by 1 of the staff at the hotel. It's few minutes walk from the hotel but hidden, good location.

1st impression was nice restaurant, spacious, nice decor, more importantly welcoming. We got a table by the window, nice round table, got the menu. I was actually impressed with the menu coz its simple but exciting dishes, dishes I've never heard of like Karaki Lamb or the Lamb Sweta. We ordered our food & Drinks, git to admit it wasn't long till our starter arrived, followed by the main meal. Ordered the Imli Scallops, Mixed Starter, Karaki Lamb, Chicken Tikka, Sea bass dish, Til Baigan, Dhall Tarka, Chilli Nan, Peshwari Nan & Bengal Rice.

I must say their house special red sauce is amazing, very different, never had anything like it before. So glad we came here, this was well worth it, food was excellent, service is brilliant, staff are great, nice & friendly, they even made an effort to make a short conversation, like they want to get to know their customers, which is great, after we asked for the bill, they offered us a round of drinks from the management, which was nice.

Over all I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, good price, great food, friendly staff & good atmosphere. 10/10

Definitely return here when I'm in London next time.

J Ross