Bengal Quay

1-2 Beaufort Court, Admiral Way, Docklands, London, E14 9XL - View on a map

Bengal Quay Restaurant In London

Last night i had a nice meal with my friends in Bengal quay indian restaurant

I ordered one of the special curry name (karaki lam) which is recommend by one of the old staff and he served us so nicely I have to say outstanding

Service, superb.i enjoyed it.

However i find it very funny there was three people siting next to the table and they had some food and they paying their bill one of them asking for one extra bill to the waiter he said to them we are not allowed to give any extra bill sir. which i agree that would be illegal. The people were shouting at the waiter without any good point. That was a really really bad thing.

i personally feel like sorry for the waiter. all the waiter are really good friendly and young.

Rob
Friday, May 10, 2013

This Restaurant is amazing, the food is absolutely delicious and I would definitely recommend it to everyone. On the downside the restaurant is hard to find (it's next to the Hilton hotel) if anyone wants to go and I am sure you would not be disappointed.

Mary
Monday, January 07, 2013

The food is OK here but nothing spectacular and I would have to agree with the reviewer below that some of the staff are very rude.

We had extremely slow service during the whole meal - after trying to get someone's attention for about 15 mins we had to actually send someone over to the waiters' station to say that we were ready to order food, and then still had nothing on the table almost an hour after arriving. Even drinks orders took over ten minutes to arrive. God knows how they would cope if the restaurant was ever full.

Anyway, after all this we settled up the bill (with S/C already included). When we got to the bar to ask for our coats the guy was adding up and shaking his head so I asked whether it was okay, and he muttered sullenly "it's 10p short", so I got out my purse, at which he started saying it didn't matter but I (admittedly a little abruptly) threw a 10 pence piece on the counter. Then he glared at me, and muttered something to the other guy.

Here's a tip: if you want bigger gratuities, try being more attentive and getting orders out promptly; almost 2 hours is far too long for lunch on a work day.

I won't be coming back and therefore probably the rest of the team won't either. But as long as you get your relatives and friends to post glowing reviews you'll probably get by.

Enjoy your 10p.

Suzanne
Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I am a regular customer of Bengal quay I have never had set meal on Sunday and they don't serve tandoori chicken with set meal so overall their food and service is really great than other restaurant.

Muhon khan - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This restaurant is so much better than what people are saying!!!

Cannot fault anything, 11/10 across the board.

Only tell your nice friends how good this place is, It doesn't deserve low life customers!

Rob Knight
Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Tried the set meal - sag aloo was nice but tandoori chicken was sweeter than the mango chutney! Funny - but the poppadums were the best part of the meal. Service and presentation were quite nice!

Sunday, December 04, 2011