Meze Mangal

245 Lewisham Way, New Cross, London, SE4 1XF - View on a map

A lovely little gem on lewisham way you almost don't want to share. However, the food is so fresh and tasty and the staff so attentive and truly lovely that frankly, go and give it a go, you won't be disappointed! The owner is the most welcoming restaurateur i have met- a huge thank you!

Kat
Saturday, February 15, 2014

Went to Meze Mangal last eve to celebrate my birthday. We were seated near the ovens. The waitress was happy to move us to a cooler table. Food, wine and ambience first rate. We will definitely be returning.

Sharon
Thursday, February 06, 2014

Can't understand the negative reviews (including one when the restaurant was closed for refurbishment!) The salad is delicious and varied - many more ingredients than the three listed.

We are a family of foodies who have been regularly returning to Meze Mangal for many years and will continue to do so - the staff are lovely, we have never been hustled out. All the meat is delicious but I especially enjoy the quails and the fish - also make sure you try the lahmacun.

Alison L
Wednesday, February 05, 2014

The worst Turkish restaurant I have been to in London by far.... For decent Turkish head to green lanes. Cheaper, nicer, tastier and better atmosphere.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

This restaurant has been hyped up so much it bloody misleading.

The food is bland and flavourless, the charcoal grill SPITS out charcoal all over the place and the staff and owners smoke and drink tea outside in front of customers.

The salad has no real imagination or flavour, the bread is decent as it's cooked there and hot, but unfortunately the meat is just plain and has a MEATY SMELL which is not your normal smell but a funny smell.

It's unfortunate when you sit down within about 20-30 mins you're basically being pushed to finish up and get out.

They treat you like cattle not customers, IN, EAT, PAY, HURRY UP AND GET OUT.

Cheaper options and friendlier options available in south London like the other Turkish restaurants in lewisham, Catford and Dulwich.

Will NOT BE GOING BACK.

Ethan Howlett
Friday, October 18, 2013

After reading the reviews it was a sure bet to have a good meal and a good night out? Don't believe what you read!! I took my family there the other night....the humus was more like a cream paste with very little flavour. The beans weren't cooked enough,the salads that came with the meals were bland,no dreesing or imagination just lettuce tomato and cucumber piled on the side of the plate. Everything about it was bland. I've never gone on a site like this to do a review but in this case I felt the need to balance the ridiculous reviews people are putting on about this restaurant it's very misleading. The turkish tea at the end is really the only thing anyone who was with me had anything positive to say about. Awful.

David sanchez
Wednesday, April 10, 2013

This is my favourite restaurant and I took my sister last night. We shared a starter - garlic prawns - which was delicious. Then we both had chicken shish for our main. The chicken was succulent and the salad fresh and tasty.

The portions are very generous and so we could only manage to eat half. The waiter saw our half eaten meals and gave us a doggy bag - it's nice that we didn't need to ask. Our meal came to £33, but were weren't drinking, we only had a bottle of water between the two of us.

The staff are excellent too, very attentive, during the meal we were asked whether the meal was ok, if we wanted any more bread/drinks etc by at least four different waiters. This makes a huge difference from trying to catch a waiter's attention, which is usually the case in a busy restaurant.

I would suggest booking as on a few occasions the place has been full and we've had to settle for a takeaway.

LizB
Sunday, January 06, 2013

My friend and I visit Meze Mangal this week, after reading about it in recent press reviews. We arrived at 5.50 pm, and were only able to secure a table from then until 7.00 pm, as they had so many bookings already in place - this was a Wednesdsay night! All the staff were friendly, welcoming and efficient. We had a bottle of sparkling wine which was lovely and cost a very reasonable £15. The main courses we had, both chicken and lamb were delicious, well cooked and generous in size. Atmosphere is very authentic - you really feel as if you're on holiday. We shall definitely be going again - and will book next time.

Heather Thorn