Castello

192-196 Jamaica Road, Bermondsey, London, SE16 4RT - View on a map

I went there with my boyfriend and we had pizza and lasagne. My pizza was good and lasagne good too: the colour of the dough was green, which is fine to me but definitely not as the classic recipe teaches. Although our dishes were fine, I have to highlight the rudeness of one of the waitresses. She took our orders and when leaving the table she said "che palle!", bad luck for her I am Italian too and I am still wondering how she dared saying "that sucks!" when a customer could still hear her. Bad for her and for her colleagues because usually I am very generous with tips!

Laura - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, May 15, 2014

I went to the restaurant on spec. The staff were very welcoming and accommodating. The food was well prepared, cooked and served well, the portion sizes were very generous and the whole meal was very reasonably priced. on the down side, it did lack atmosphere and the music was a bit naff.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Disgusted at this restaurant!!! After spending a lot of money dining here with clients and friends, we went through a period of build work at home and being forced to take our 1 year old baby twins out for early dinners. Every Wednesday, I would come to this restaurant and spend around £30 on food for me and my boys at 5pm when there are no other diners. On a Thursday, my nanny would take the twins for spaghetti but after 2 weeks, the manager asked her not to bring them back, that she does not spend enough, only orders kids portions for the babies and it is too much work bringing out the high chairs for that even though she (and I) would always clean up any mess before leaving. He knows full well that it is the same twins that come in with their mummy who spends plenty of money there, they are identical and we have an unmistakable buggy. I have never heard anything so dreadful and they have a cheek to advertise that they welcome children. The lovely waitresses were mortified and I was furious to find that this manager dared to speak to my nanny this way, he clearly has no idea how to run a business and it surely explains why the restaurant is always so empty. I will, as requested, not ever take my growing boys back to that place, I will tell everyone I know and make sure I certainly do not ever take clients for meetings again either. Finally, I will be going to the local newspaper with this story, they have already shown interest. I hope this man has the good sense to at least apologise...to my nanny, not to me!!!

Mrs fiona ord - View all reviews by this user