Ed's Easy Diner (Soho)

12 Moor Street (off Old Compton Street), Soho, London, W1D 5NG - View on a map

Ed's Easy Diner (Soho) Restaurant In London

My husband brought me here for a treat last saturday, and from what I had read on their facebook/looking at the menu, I was rather excited, However, it didnt live up to its expectations.

The 'fries' ( that are actually thick cut chips ) were bland, and oily.

My husbands burger, which he asked for medium rare, was really overcooked, and stodgy.

My fried chicken burger wasnt too bad, It came with lettuce leaves the size of hand though, It was a lot smaller than I expected though, especially after reading that ed's do big, great, american sized portions.

Its not somewhere I would visit again, nor ever recommend.

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

I won a £25 voucher for Ed's Easy Diner so went last night. I read some pretty shocking reviews of the place on here before visiting and the truth is, it's actually not that bad.

The staff were friendly and accommodating, moving us away from an oven-like heater to a seat around the bar. The food was pretty quick . It definitely wasn't as shocking as everyone made out. The milkshakes are pretty decent though and good value for money at 2 glasses worth for about £4.

If you're around Soho and you're looking for a quick burger, it's fine. If you're looking for a really good burger around Soho, try Honest Burger, Meat Liquor, Lucky Chip, Spuntino or Patty and Bun. Honest Burger or Spuntino are your best bets given they're a stones throw away and the same price.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Very unimpressed.

Entered an empty diner yet we were told we couldn't order three milkshakes and fries because we weren't ordering from the main food menu. (The total of our bill would have still come to a very steep £22.00 though, and we would have been in-and-out in about 15-20 minutes).

The waitress even mentioned "all the other visitors" that would supposedly be turning up and who would be ordering lots of food - i.e. we don't want your measly £22.00, we want their money instead, and they'll be spending much more than you!

We used to like Ed's Diner - no more.

A. Waite
Monday, December 23, 2013

Disappointing. They had run out of bacon and barbecue sauce the night we went so a lot of items on the menu would not be the same without these ingredients. I eventually ordered the pulled pork deluxe which was just a bun containing a bland burger patty with a small amount of pulled pork on top and a splash of barbecue sauce for £7.25. Best thing about the diner was the music. Wouldn't go again.

Sandra Harrison
Monday, December 09, 2013

Terrible food and mediocre service. I went to 'The Diner' in Camden the week before and had their pulled pork burger which is amazing, Ed's version did not even come close. I agree with all the comments below, bland meat, sweaty cheap cheese and the worst pulled pork I had ever tried. I don't usually write reviews but felt compelled this time. Go somewhere else!

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Three of us went for my birthday treat of rootbeer floats only to be refused service as we were not ordering food, we were rudely told to go and use a cafe or coffee shop instead. Do not remember being able to get rootbeer floats from coffee shops etc. Terible customer service that has stopped us using 'Ed's diner' ever again.
View/Add comments (1)