About Thyme

82 Wilton Road, Victoria, London, SW1V 1DL - View on a map

About Thyme Restaurant In London

Excellent & remarkable service! (11 out of 10).

Nice atmosphere.

Food was not altogether to our taste, but this is a personal opinion.

ilan Ron
Thursday, August 08, 2013

I'm always pleasantly surprised by this place (I donít know why I consistently expect it to deliver less than it actually does). On the basis of half a dozen visits over the last 3 years, I would certainly recommend this place if you find yourself in Pimlico/Victoria. Pleasant staff and good food. The calve's liver in particular is excellent.

I do think it's a little overpriced, especially if you choose off the standard a la carte menu and wine list. But get there before 7pm and the pre-theatre menu offers a good choice at £18.50 for 2 courses and £23.50 for three and they're usually offering a wine special at a more reasonable price.

NT - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, February 13, 2013

About time you ate here!

Iíve eaten here on many occasions and its way past time I wrote a review. Perhaps I simply wanted to keep my favourite restaurant a closely-guarded secret!

The service is friendly and courteous from the moment you step in and someone offers to take your coat and the attention perfectly tailored to your company and mood. Whatís more, the staff are seriously professional and focused on delivering a superb dining experience.

The menu is select but sufficiently varied to suit most tastes and all degrees of hunger. The emphasis here is on fresh and imaginatively prepared and presented meat, fish and seafood, employing an outstandingly successful combination of traditional English and modern Spanish techniques and flavourings. Iím loathe to single out any particular dish because Iíve been thrilled by almost everything on the menu!

And perhaps the best piece of news is that itís not expensive! A lot of thought has evidently been employed in determining how to offer exceptional food at affordable prices. Value-for-money-wise it has to be unrivalled in the capital.

Intimate and accessible are other adjectives Iíd use to describe About Thyme but if there was one word Iíd use to describe itís ethos itíd surely be ďpassionĒ!

You wonít be disappointedÖ

Ado - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, May 22, 2012

we went to About Thyme on Saturday and it was by far the best meal we had in London both my wife and I agree that everything was superb. wine, food and service.

nothing was too much trouble!

our waiter offer a friendly and efficient service and an special mention to the Maitre D'/owner.

when we paid the bill we left a £20 note as a tip, before he picked up he said that, it was very kind of us but service charge was already included on the bill and that was far too kind for him to accept

no discussions I said. we are more than happy to leave on top of the service, as we felt we were treated it like royalty.

when in London we will be returning.

picha - View all reviews by this user