Tower Tandoori

74-76 Tower Bridge Road, Bermondsey, London, SE1 4TP - View on a map

Tower Tandoori Restaurant In London

My colleagues and I have been meaning to visit this restaurant for some time now as we work nearby in long lane. We finally had the chance on monday evening.

After work we took a leisurely stroll down to Tower Bridge Road and upon arrival we were greeted with enthusiasm by 2 waiters dressed in smart red jackets and another chap who looked like the manager. Our coats were politely taken from us and we were seated at a table near the window.

A few minutes later a waiter came to take our drinks orders and the obligatory popadom order. The popadoms arrived nice and crisp and the dips tasted fresh and homemade.

After a little while the manager came to take our order, we decided not to opt for starters on this occasion. I chose a Tandoori King Prawn in mint and dill sauce, which was advertised outside. My colleagues chose Thali's and a classic Chicken Korma. The chap taking our order was very informative but not too pushy, he could have easily made us order side dishes, condiments, etc. He explained that if we needed to order extra items we could do so later. This would prevent us from over ordering. Why can't all restaurant managers be like this?!

While our food was being prepared the manager persuaded us to play a game of "Carrom" with him. He even taught us how to play it and got another waiter involved to help. We then returned to our table as our food was ready to be served. The Chef personally came out to serve us our food and he invited us to visit his kitchen to watch him use the Tandoor! We didnt take him up on his offer this time but promised to do so next time. As expected the food was nothing but perfect, I vowed that I would try a Thali next time round because it was so nicely presented. My King Prawn dish was not over bearingly minty but carefully spiced and this can be said about all the other dishes as well. Even the rice and naans were light and well presented. After finishing our meals, two of us opted for Milk Chai upon a waiters recommendation. They arrived promptly and as requested they were not too sweet.

Overall, our night out was good value for money, we were treated to a beautiful meal and the staff took very good care of us. On the downside Tower Tandoori has set the bar so high that we will have very very high expectations every time we visit. Nonetheless, it is no wonder this restaurant has been there for so long and so busy for a monday night.

Adrian Colt
Thursday, October 09, 2014

I went to Tower Tandoori after hearing positive reviews from a number of colleagues... and it didn't disappoint.

The food is excellent, service possibly a little too attentive for a lunch but they are still professional.

Value is pretty good given the quality of the food but it is definitely not cheap and cheerful.

An excellent place for a business lunch.

Monday, April 07, 2014