La Porchetta (Finsbury Park)

147 Stroud Green Road, Finsbury Park, London, N4 3PZ - View on a map

I used to be a regular customer at your branch in Stroud Green Road.

One month ago I was there with my friends 4 of us make a bill over £100 pounds I asked for a bit of rocket and I was charged £1 pound for it. If I knew I wouldnít ask as I am a chef and I know the cost of rocket . To charge your regular customer £1 pound for a bit of rocket when the bill was over £100 pounds itís beyond a laugh. I believe that customer satisfaction and retention is by far more important rather the cost of a bit of rocket especially when this customer is one of your regular one.

Since then I didnít visit your place again. Last night I decided with my friend to visit you. To start with I order a chorizo and prawn pasta and I got pasta with prawns and cheap quality sausage (it wasnít chorizo). I complained and the manager changed it for me to a prawn pasta. Till they replace it I was eating from my friendís food so when they bring it I was full and I didnít eat it. From curiosity I checked how many prawns your chef put in it they were 7 prawns. I asked for my food to be packed to take it away. Today while I was eating it I found only 5 out of the 7 prawns!!!!

Is not the 2 prawns that were missing which upset me it just the principle. To pay for a pasta dish nearly £11 pounds has 7 prawns when they bring it to you and found only 5 after they packed it is a bit too much. After last night now I know why your place most of the time is empty where your neighbour Pappagone is always full. As I am a person that I speak with evidence the night before I was at Pappagone with my friends 3 starters, 3 mains courses, 1 dessert sharer, 3 glasses of wine it cost me £ 65 where in your place I nearly pay this amount just for two people!!!! Really good isnít it.

Also I order a soft drink and I had to wait for ages and I had to re-order so to get it while they were only 20 customers!!! Really good.

After my last experience now I know why your place is empty whereas on that night Pappagone wanted customers to wait for up to one hour to get a table. How I know it? I was there before I come to your place and it was full with customers waiting in a queue.

Really sad for La Porchetta which once used to be number one place for eating out in Stroud Green road. Is it will be back to old good times? Nobody knows. Pappagone is there and I believe that they got the whole package right. Price-portion- quality and customer retention.

Saturday, February 08, 2014