Elena's L'Etoile

30 Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 2NA - View on a map

Elena's L'Etoile Restaurant In London

Visited on the 7th October was a Monday night with my partner, restaurant was almost empty, but the decor is great if you like the shabby chic Parisian look. Definitely has the feel of living on past glories. Kinda romantic so was perfect for our needs :)

The service was good, hard not to be with only 3 covers, but they were polite and knowledgable, never hovered but there when needed.

We had duck and liver for mains, and a nice bottle of Merlot. Tasted and looked fantastic!

The price was very reasonable.

Recommend on a week night for a romantic night when all you're interested in is your partner and to share good food and wine. Otherwise look elsewhere of go at the weekend and hood off a crowd.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Food was pretty good on the whole (Chicken and Cod)

Service was so so; the waiting staff looked and acted a bit like mafioso hitmen and were a bit stand offish

The atmosphere was lacking something; I appreciate the antiquated look but maybe a little music or something

If not for the Tastecard I feel this would not be value for money - with the discount its not too bad.

Jon M - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, July 08, 2012

I visited this restaurant last Friday early evening with a friend. We arrived at 6.30pm and were the second table to be seated.

It was a nice, pleasant evening. Service was excellent throughout and the food very tasty. We each went for three courses which were nicely presented and well spaced out over the two hours we were there.

We booked using a special offer and it was ok priced at £51 inc £9 tip. The drinks were a bit on the expensive side, £5.50 for a glass of cranberry juice but the remainder of the food was reasonable.

It was a nice restaurant and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending to anyone in going.

roses - View all reviews by this user
Monday, March 19, 2012

I visited the restaurant last night with a group of friends, unfortunately service was poor and did not warrant the 15% service charge. Food was good, however beef Wellington @ £ 25 was a little over the top. Champagne was charged @ £12.75. Per glass, again rather over the top.

No atmosphere, no music, waiters having a smoke outside the front door!

We were rushed through courses and out of the door. No crowd waiting to take our table, so why? No goodnight and thank you for your custom, why not? All other local restaurants were busy, I now know why. I shall not return or recomend this establishment.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

I had an excellent lunch with a friend today at Elena's L'Etoile. The ambience is delightful and the staff were friendly and efficient. We both had mushroom souffle, followed by sea bream and then chocolate pave. All three courses were delicious. I'll certainly go there again.

Robert Rowthorn - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, September 06, 2011

My girlfriend and I almost didn't go to this restaurant because there are some terrible reviews, both of the food and of the service. Happily, we decided to go on the basis of Lex's review on this site, and had excellent food and excellent service.

First, the food. I had mushroom souffle, a trio of pork (belly, cheek and trotter) and lemon tart. M'girl had hot-smoked salmon, plaice and a chocolate pudding (the classic mousse-on-top, cake-on-bottom). It wasn't Michelin-star stuff, but it was like the best mid-priced restaurants that you find in France -- traditional cuisine with high-quality ingredients, and all elegantly presented. If you hanker after decent French food (I get a craving from time to time) this is the place to get it.

Second, the service. We were looked after by a charming waitress and the food came at just the right speed; the maitre d' and waiters were a little on the brisk side but certainly not rude. If you have ever eaten in France you will know that the service is often like that anyway. If you'd rather have Coco the Clown than proud Gallic efficiency, go to TGI Friday's.

This is a wonderful little restaurant with character (in spades), excellent food and, when we went, pleasant and efficient service. Do not be put off by the bad reviews -- if you don't know this place, you are missing out.

John Butters
Saturday, June 25, 2011

We went to this restaurant on 8th April feeling a little aprehensive having read some very negative reviews. We need not have worried..it was FAB!!!

The welcome was warm, the staff were friendly and efficient and the food was delicious, what more could you want?

elaine long