Elena's L'Etoile

30 Charlotte Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 2NA - View on a map

Elena's L'Etoile Restaurant In London

Visited on the 7th October was a Monday night with my partner, restaurant was almost empty, but the decor is great if you like the shabby chic Parisian look. Definitely has the feel of living on past glories. Kinda romantic so was perfect for our needs :)

The service was good, hard not to be with only 3 covers, but they were polite and knowledgable, never hovered but there when needed.

We had duck and liver for mains, and a nice bottle of Merlot. Tasted and looked fantastic!

The price was very reasonable.

Recommend on a week night for a romantic night when all you're interested in is your partner and to share good food and wine. Otherwise look elsewhere of go at the weekend and hood off a crowd.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Food was pretty good on the whole (Chicken and Cod)

Service was so so; the waiting staff looked and acted a bit like mafioso hitmen and were a bit stand offish

The atmosphere was lacking something; I appreciate the antiquated look but maybe a little music or something

If not for the Tastecard I feel this would not be value for money - with the discount its not too bad.

Jon M - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, July 08, 2012

I visited this restaurant last Friday early evening with a friend. We arrived at 6.30pm and were the second table to be seated.

It was a nice, pleasant evening. Service was excellent throughout and the food very tasty. We each went for three courses which were nicely presented and well spaced out over the two hours we were there.

We booked using a special offer and it was ok priced at £51 inc £9 tip. The drinks were a bit on the expensive side, £5.50 for a glass of cranberry juice but the remainder of the food was reasonable.

It was a nice restaurant and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending to anyone in going.

roses - View all reviews by this user
Monday, March 19, 2012

I visited the restaurant last night with a group of friends, unfortunately service was poor and did not warrant the 15% service charge. Food was good, however beef Wellington @ £ 25 was a little over the top. Champagne was charged @ £12.75. Per glass, again rather over the top.

No atmosphere, no music, waiters having a smoke outside the front door!

We were rushed through courses and out of the door. No crowd waiting to take our table, so why? No goodnight and thank you for your custom, why not? All other local restaurants were busy, I now know why. I shall not return or recomend this establishment.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

I had an excellent lunch with a friend today at Elena's L'Etoile. The ambience is delightful and the staff were friendly and efficient. We both had mushroom souffle, followed by sea bream and then chocolate pave. All three courses were delicious. I'll certainly go there again.

Robert Rowthorn - View all reviews by this user