Cattle Grid (Battersea)

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Wednesday night. No booking. Excellent wine. Nice ambience. Worst steaks I have ever been served. Although the meat was cooked correctly, we were served the worst cuts of meat I have ever been served. And then once the waiter came to collect our plates that contained the savaged and abandoned meat he didn't ask how the meal was.

Because of the quality of the meat and the fact we weren't asked once how the meal was I award this establishment a 1 star. I will never be visiting again and I suggest you don't either.

Thomas
Thursday, March 06, 2014

Best ribs place in UK. That's the shortest part of my review.

Have been there last week with my friends (group of 8) even though we didn't do a booking and it was very busy after few drinks at the bar and few tables ahead of us on the waiting list we were sitted. Ribs - were the recommendation so we followed. They were massive, juicy, tender, and the sauce - perfect just perfect.

Restaurant itself is a very cozy , fell like home sort of the place. Casual service , food amazing - I have already booked a table for this saturday, but this time for 14. :-D

Monday, February 25, 2013

To begin with unfortunately I need to agree with below comments that back in September just after they opened it wasn't great ...BUT AND A BIG BUT I have returned there this week and the place has changed dramatically !!!!! New manager (very tolkative and polite!!) , new waiting staff (knowledgable , efficient and very smiley!!!) and food ( what a resurrection!!!!) Place was packed had to wait for 20min in the bar area for a table!! Which was brilliant!! Manager gave us a lovely table , waitress that served us was also very good. Advised us on wine as well as recommended few "new" starters. Food was excellent like in old good times of northcote road.

Will definitely come back again !!!!

Spread the word guys !! Cattle Grid Battersea has been saved !!!!!

Patrick
Sunday, January 20, 2013

This review is spot on! My wife and I were regulars when it was on the Northcote and we loved it. We went there at least twice a month, we loved the friendly Irish waiters and waitress.

When we took our family to the Battersea Rise restaurant we were made to sit at the back of an empty restaurant when we wanted to sit near the front as it was a sunny day. Some of our group asked for their steaks to be cooked rare but when we got out steaks they were all well done so I guess that's the reason they took so long.

The ginger beer we loved at the Northcote has been replaced by undrinkable

tasteless dishwater from a tap, McDonald style. We left it! Undrinkable!

The seating is well past its sell by date and that horrible background music was too loud for a Sunday lunchtime.

Cattle Grid, you had a winning formula and now you don't.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

I think Cattle Grid's food is very good, their ribs are excellent. When I saw they left their Northcote Rd location I thought they'd gone out of business and nearly cried.

I was happy to learn they were just moving around the corner - until I saw where. Not what it is but that location on Battersea Rise is cursed. Over the 12 years I've lived here there must have been 6 different restaurants in there.

I went to the new location a couple weeks after they opened, 4 of us on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was busy but not packed yet the service was very slow and our donut waiter gave my main course to a neighboring table while the other 3 of us got theirs. Might have dawned on him, no? To make matters worse, our plates sat on the table about 30 mins before being cleared and it took another 25 mins to get our bill...

So, tonight we try again. Monday night, about 7 tables going. Not particularly busy. The waiter puts us at a table by the window in the bar, which was fine. After 20 mins of sitting there no one even bothered to take our drinks order let alone food. So, we got up and left. No one even saw us leave.

Guys - I have news for you. If you don't hire a decent manager and some waiters who know what the hell is going on (not the 16yr old dope there tonight), you will be out of business in 6 months.

Mark - View all reviews by this user