Lamoon

39 Denmark Hill, Camberwell, London, SE5 8RS - View on a map

Lamoon Restaurant In London

Sadly the delicious Lamoon has changed for the worse. It has become a cheap buffet style restaurant.

I had loved Lamoon for years and it was easily the best Chinese restaurant and delivery in the area with a very interesting and out of the ordinary menu. The old Lamoon will be greatly missed.

I Marchant
Friday, August 22, 2014

Couldn't agree more with the other reviewers. We live in Camberwell and were delighted to discover Lamoon.

Quite possibly the best Chinese in London...the food is delicious and freshly cooked. The menu changes often and there is always more than enough on each plate. And it is very reasonably priced.

And the staff are ridiculously professional and polite. It's a family run business and, as such, they bring warmth and an honest sense of caring to the immaculate service they offer their customers. That really makes a difference. They know how to serve you in a friendly and timely way, always with a smile, but never in an intrusive or over-the-top manner.

It's one of our regular restaurants and we are blessed it is only a 10-minute walk from home...a gem.

Robert Melia Watson
Tuesday, May 28, 2013

First things first, fantastic food. Very tasty, shoft shell crab with black pepper and king prawns with chilli mayo were to die for. Also the Char siu was some of the best I have tasted. The dishes looked as great as they tasted, had to take photos! Very good value for money. We ate till we were full and only spent £15 each!!

Lamoon has such a warm feel to it, the decoration and the staff especially make you feel welcome. Very friendly and incredibly helpful explaining dishes to you if you need info.

If you want to eat great food in a relaxing friendly atmosphere Lamoon is the place to go. Already arranged to go back with more friends next week!

Dan and Shay
Thursday, April 18, 2013

The staff is very friendly and kind. Food gets prepared very fast. And its incredibly tasty. Amazing! It was one of the high points of my visit to London!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Service is always with a smile. This restaurant wants customers to enjoy their meal and it shows. I enjoyed the food. The only possible negative is that the portions are a bit small for my liking. But then again we are bigger than average eaters. The baby there is v cute.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Well I went for the second time to this restaurant last night and it failed to disappoint again. The crispy duck is among the best I have tasted (x2) and the lemon drizzle prawns and soft shell crab were out of this world. I would be tempted to say this restauarant is crap for selfish reasons......I wouldn't want it to be discovered. It is simply the best Chinese food I have had outside of China (I have been). Well worth a detour!

Chris