Ishtar

10 - 12 Crawford Street Marylebone, London, W1U 6AZ - View on a map

Ishtar Restaurant In London

The food , music and bally dancer was AWESOME .Thank you for nice evening .

Barbara
Friday, March 13, 2015

I dined at Ishtar on Saturday night. I was passing by and I stop as libaneise and Turkish are one of my favorite meal. The name also was very attractive as I am fond of ancient Middle East civilizations. I arrived early, not so early for the lunch menu however. The ambience is very nice, clean with a soft piano music. The tables are carefully prepared with table cloth. I took a Mojito and a main mixed grilled course. The drink was ok, the food was excellent.

The service was good, but can be improved: I.e bring some tab water if the customer did not asked or forget to ask, offer a refill, a glass of wine etc. There was an elderly couple who finished before me and I believe they would have appreciated a help with the coat. Just simple things that can make this great restaurant even better and more friendly. I sow some food delivered at different tables looking exquisite

The cost was reasonable. Definitively, I will come back.

Donatella
Sunday, March 08, 2015

Staff service is terrible. Engin the manager is rude and obnoxious. Shame as I used to love eating there.

Murad - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I have been recommended to Ishtar by my brother who is a regular customer of Ishtar restaurant. He recommended me to organize the staff party there. I was a bit reluctant as I had no personal experience of this particular restaurant at all. But thankfully our experience turned out to be one of the best Christmas Parties if not the best Christmas Party we have had so far. Although we were 25 of us and there were another 3 parties on the same evening and the restaurant was packed, the service was absolutely perfect. The drinks, food and deserts were served on time we did not have to wait at all. The waiter was so efficient with a great smile on his face, serving us and taking pictures for all of us, without any fuss. The food was delicious and fresh the staff comment on the food was “simply heavenly”. The musicians played very versatile music to include everybody. I was expecting a total Turkish music and quite worried it might all be too much to take in but the musical blend was perfect. The musician players played Spanish music, Arabic, and English music, to every one taste, the staff were from different nationalities and were very happy to hear a variety of lovely music, it felt like the music was dedicated personally to each one of us, every one was dancing and having great fun. We had dancing competition, and the music players involved every one from different table so no one will be left out, an amazing well organized entertaining technique. The music was not too loud so as well as listening to the music we managed to talk to each other.

The belly dancer was amazing, which have spiced up our night, Ishtar staff were extremely helpful, pleasant and delivered an outstanding service, which can’t get any better. That night all my staff thanked me for choosing this place for our Christmas do, and I am very grateful to my brother Robi who recommended Ishtar to me.

In return, I would highly recommend this place is always full and that can only speak for itself.

I would like to thank the management and staff of Ishtar restaurant for there great service, amazing atmosphere and delicious food, we have had a wonderful time, you have made our Christmas Party a very special event and memorable, we will defiantly be your regular customers and we grade as outstanding.

Thank you, I wish you a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year