Tootoomoo

12 Crouch End Hill, Crouch End, London, N8 8AA - View on a map

Tootoomoo Restaurant In London

our review

Now open in Crouch End, Tootoomoo offers healthy pan-Asian dishes to eat in or take away. Ricky Pang (ex-Cocoon and Taman Gang) has put together a concise menu of Asian soups, salads and small plates priced around £8-9.

November 2012

I decided to eat at this restaurant with a friend of mine, it was a Wednesday me thinks, a while back. Crouch End can be a bit quiet during the week, but when we spotted people in place we thought it would be a good idea to check it out.

The place was pretty cramped, but I liked it, and we took a seat at the bar. First impressions were good, nice atmosphere, clientele were young as well as staff, lively and fresh feel to the place. The menu was short, but had good choices, cross overs of Asian food, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Indonesian. It felt like the time and a place for a beer, so we had a Kirin Japanese one. I thought prices were a little expensive in places but you can order cheap £1.80 for steamed rice if you're on a budget. Portions could have been bigger. But taste and friendly staff more than made up for it. I ordered the edamame beans and szechuan chicken, it was good but didn't fill me up. It's the perfect restaurant if you're not sure what Asian food you want to eat and there are some surprises on menu too. Overall lively experience on an otherwise dreary Wednesday evening in Crouch End.

Bertie Wallace