The Grill at The Dickens Inn

Marble Quay, St Katharine's Dock, London, E1W 1UH - View on a map

The Grill at The Dickens Inn Restaurant In London

I visited the grill restaurant at the Dickens Inn, very nice staff unfortunately it was let down by the poor quality of food that was over cooked under seasoned and over priced. Not deterred by our poor meal we had some drinks at the bar, £6 for a small glass of that I can only describe as the worst wine I have ever tasted, I tried another type of wine and found this also to be of the same poor quality. I settled for a pint at £5.50. Yes I can fully comprehend that the pub is located in a fantastic spot and the prices may be at the upper end of the spectrum. but I feel quite insulted by the management selling cheap quality food and disgusting wine to further maximise their profits. I would never return to this place and If I hope I encourage other potential patrons to try some where else.

Lobsta
Sunday, May 18, 2014

just had lunch in the grill at dickens inn have to say really enjoyed the food and serivce. 4/5

leo - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, January 19, 2013

Nice old fine along the river!

After walking miles with the family, we fell into this place - bit of discussion between the kids about pizza or fish and chips... Fish and chips won!

Really enjoyed our meal, food was great in the grill - decent chicken burger and steak for us, the team were quite helpful in doing 2 halfs of fish into 2 fish and chips for the kids.. Yes please to ketchup and mayo, they loved it

Service charge on the bill which we don't like, but on this visit was justified as we had been looked after.

Peters crew outing
Wednesday, October 31, 2012

We ate here last weekend and found the waiting staff to be extremely rude and insulting, and the food was definitely not worth the money DO NOT EAT HERE, the steak was £18 and looked and tasted like road kill and when we complained we were told that was how we asked it to be cooked! Everything else was very badly cooked and of very cheap quality but the prices were high. For a £20 steak you might as well eat at a nice restaurant like Gaucho!!

Simon Walker
Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We went for a late lunch yesterday and were disgusted by the food and rude waiting staff. We ordered steak at £18 and half was gristle and when we complained we were told that is our we had asked it to be cooked. The mixed grill sausages were of very cheap quality and covered in oil, and the chicken caesar was very dry. The waitress was very rude especially when asking about drinks and when we mentioned the food was not great she just shrugged and when we spoke to the manager we did not even receive an apology only an offer of free coffees as if we wanted to stay there any longer! We will NEVER be retrurning!!

Emily C