Stockpot (Old Compton St)

18 Old Compton Street, Soho, London, W1D 4JL - View on a map

We had breakfast at this restaurant on Sat 16th march. A full english with a cup of tea or coffee was £ 4.95. The price wasn't bad, the portions not bad but unfortunately,the food was luke warm. The restaurant staff were friendly and my two children, who aren't that fussed about hot food, liked it.

Jim Morris
Sunday, March 17, 2013

This is really a complaint in regards this restaurant in the Old Compton street. I am not sure are they a part of your chain but they are an utter disgrace to your chain and definitely very disrespectful to the customer . I've been here so many times and every time I experienced the same treatment!! I felt humiliated and definitely felt like my money was stolen out of me as I can never enjoy my meal in piece and as long as I want. Today again my hard earn money was taken out of my pocket and again as every single other time I was asked to leave the table even I haven't even finished with my drink which I was enjoying after a big meal. Such a disrespect for the customer is not to be imagined and even more to be experienced!! Spoke to the manager and he told me you didn't want any dessert so we needed the table as we are busy!!! I could not believe that I was told that and can't honestly believe that I've been treated like this and its not the first time!!!!

Absolutely disgraceful and run by an ignoramus!!!
View/Add comments (1)

Dusan
Sunday, October 07, 2012

This is a little gem!!! The food the staff the customers all lovely!!

You will keep returning again and again!!! If you haven't been then if your down in soho then visit!!!!

John Delaney-Wardley - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, June 21, 2012

Went there for the first time today and i was VERY impressed. The service was great and the food was amazing. Highly recommended

Jon Golding
Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Went to see a play on Friday night, and the Stockpot was recommended to me by a friend. Firstly, just want to say, I am in no way a food snob, and love a good cafe that does tasty, unfussy homecooked food. This was not one of those places. The people working there were nice and they seated us (6 in total) right away. The menu is big and varied. I decided to order fish and chips. I soooo wanted to like it, but it was utterly tasteless. Bolied mushy carrots and cabbage. About 5 chips on the plate, and the fish was in a sort of cornmeal coating, which I wasn't expecting. And it wasn't nice. My friend and I also split and order of garlic bread which was soggy, and clearly store bought. It would only have been good value for money if it was enjoyable. It wasn't.

SB
Monday, February 13, 2012

I ate there on the 2/9/11.

The food and service was excellent.

Very good falue for money.

Mr J Garrett