Pasha (Islington)

301 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 2TU - View on a map

Pasha (Islington) Restaurant In London

I found pasha by accident last night. i had three friends with me. the waiter greeted us warmly and showed us to a table half way down the restaurant. we explained we would like a bottle of wine before we ordered food. this appeared quickly. we ordered the meze plate which i can truly state this was to large but very enjoyable. one of my freinds had the lamb in foil which was piping hot and full of flavour, i had sea bass which was baked and again was really tasty.my other two friends had the pasta dish one having lamb and one having vegetarian. my friend who is vegetarian complemented on the wide range of vegitran food that was available. the pasta ravioli was tasty and really taste the lamb.even though we had all over eaten the waiter suggested we shared two desserts between four of us , so we settled on the homemade baklava, which again was great. the cost of the meal worked out just under £25 per head. i for one will give this restaurant another visit.

alan brett
Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I've been coming to Pasha since I moved to London in 1997, and it was always one of my favourite places to visit, a kind of stalwart as other places opened and closed. We don't live in North London anymore but were in the area on Friday so decided to pop in. The meze starters are still excellent but overpriced compared to the Iranian/Middle Eastern restaurants we frequent in West London. And pitta bread was good. Mains were awful though - Turkish ravioli was parcels of horribly thick, rubbery pasta (have the settings on their pasta machine broken?!) filled with about 1/8 of a teaspoon of minced meat, the whole thing drowning in far too much passata with a ton of yoghurt and Parmesan on top. If this is an authentic dish, I'd be surprised. The other main of baked prawns with pilav I had eaten at Pasha before, but sadly they decided to reinvent the dish: six king prawns atop a pile of very tired looking salad, with a tiny bowl of boiled rice on the side. For £14.95. Hardly good value. We should have complained, really, but we were both starving, and it was all just about edible. (What we both really wanted was a classic kofte kebab with rice and a baked tomato, like they used to do - but they no longer make this classic dish. Why oh why not? It's precisely the kind of thing you crave when you're in a Turkish restaurant.)

Dessert almost redeemed things: what tasted like a homemade baklava, filled with coarsely ground pistachio and beautifully sweet, with cinnamon ice cream. Service from our waitress was lovely. But it's not 1997 anymore, and we're spoilt for choice now when it comes to London for great food, so I think that Pasha will now be consigned to a memory, rather than a place that we'd ever return to.

whipped
Monday, May 13, 2013

Our party of 4 had a fantastic night out at Pasha in Islington. We had all previously visited other Turkish restaurants in London and the South East but we were unanimous in our opinion of Pasha. It was the very best Turkish restaurant that any of us had ever visited. The food was amazing. We started with a full mixed meze which in itself was as good, and as filling, as any main course to be had. I lost count of the number of dishes that arrived on our table. For main course I had Pasha Chicken which was one of the best dishes I have ever had. Our waiter, Hasan, was very friendly, informative and attentive. And there was a great atmosphere in the restaurant, which was very busy and lively, and seemed to draw in a wide cross section of Londoners. We finished the evening with several cocktails from the bar including a "Nutty Turk"! I thoroughly recommend Pasha to anyone either trying Turkish food for the first time, of for seasoned veterans like ourselves. It was a great night out and was excellent value for money. We're now intending to make Pasha a regular monthly get together venue.

Andy Horner
Monday, May 06, 2013

I have to Pasha a few times and have not been disappointed. My food has always been delicious and impeccably cooked, the service has always been attentive and the atmosphere friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Come on... This place is not that bad. The restaurant is a bit like a posher Turkish kebab place, but I had a nice enough evening.

The waiters were a bit slow with drinks, esp if you sit at the back, but they were fine. The food is your standard Turkish fare, not exquisite but perfectly edible.

My only complaint is that I was super thirsty after the meal, and I reckon the flavour of the food came from MSG.

Thursday, September 20, 2012