917 Finchley Road, Golders Green, London, NW11 7PE - View on a map

Don't even think about going here. The service is appalling, food not much better, seems like wanting to be served is a massive issue here. I suppose they have to have the 12.5% service charge or they would never receive any tips! Wanted to walk out both times I visited but was part of someone else's celebrations.

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Decided to give it another chance but on balance probably shouldn't have bothered.

Had an Americana - doughy base, bland cheese, peppers still raw and the pepperoni cheap. The other half's liver in white wine sauce was pretty decent. Sides of saute potatoes - very decent - and deep-fried courgettes - bland, think deep fried water.

The service has improved from my last visit - although it depends on the person. One waitress couldn't have been more charming, one young waiter was also pretty fair but another chap was terse and didn't make us feel welcome.

Atmosphere is good - it was busy and had a pleasant buzz of conversation at half-six. A very mixed crowd of diners - this is an inclusive place.

Value for money - in terms of quantity very good - portions are massive - you won't leave hungry. In terms of quality not so good - it's better than Pizza Hut but I expect more from an independent. That's Amore just up the road is a much better bet. Beer is heavily marked up.

Rex - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, July 10, 2014

Went here for a family meal. The food was poor and the service was worse. The staff did not appear to be interested in serving us however after eventually taking our order we had to wait a significant time for our food to arrive. When it finally arrived both my husband's chicken Kiev and my parmigiana di melanzane were burnt. Our son's pizza was ok.

Getting our bill wasn't easy either, our waiter was nowhere to be seen and the gentleman who took our money did not have the courtesy to say thank you or even good bye.

We won't be returning, it is a shame as both my husband and I have fond memories of this restaurant over the years but it's no longer the friendly local Italian we remember.

On the upside, we also recently visited the branch in hendon and the staff there were friendly and the food good... it's only a couple of miles away from Golders Green so we'll go there in future.

Friday, December 27, 2013