Smithfield Bar & Grill

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

We went there for our office Christmas party and what a terrible experience it was.

Firstly I asked for a steak pink but it came out very red indeed, was tough as old boots and the accompanying potatoes were cold. When asked by the waitress if it was okay, as I left inedible steak, I explained the problems only to be spoken to in a condescending way regarding the colour. "Pink is subjective" she said - hmmm, I am no artist but I do know the difference between pink and red.

Added to that they then bought me the wrong dessert and had the cheek to charge £5 for a bottle of Spitfire which is only £1 in my local super market.

This place is an absolute rip-off - do not go an waste your money or time here!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The quality of the ribeye was well below expectations. I went here last year and it was brilliant.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I had dinner at Smithfield Bar & Grill last night with two friends. One of us had a 'Taste' discount card which entitled us to a pretty hefty discount off our bill. Unfortunately either the waiter resented our use of the discount card or he was having a rather bad night. The service was terse and we felt uncomfortable each time the waiter approached us. He seemed annoyed that two of us had water as we waited for our third friend to arrive before ordering drinks (which we did- but just wanted to wait). He keep trying to upsell our meals, repeatedly asking if we'd like side orders and appearing irritated when we didn't want anything else. When one of us asked if its possible to have her tuna steak cooked 'medium rare' he replied that it would either be rare or well done, although could ask the chef (as if it were a huge inconvenience). Altogether I felt as though we were unwelcome unless we ordered vast amounts of food and multiple bottles of wine. Rather a shame as there were plenty of empty tables and they should be happy for the business, regardless of our order.

Little does the waiter realise I regularly take clients to long lunches but, having tried this restaurant and experiencing rude service, I will certainly not be visiting again.

Annalise Smith