Gymkhana

42 Albemarle Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 4JH - View on a map

Gymkhana Restaurant In London

Telegraph

Zoe Williams - 4.5/5

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - I had kid goat methi keema. The menu makes a huge fandango about the goat, and leaves you the impression you’d be mad to miss it. Sceptical, I ordered it in its smallest possible incarnation. Crikey, it was good. It had a smoky under-taste, an aniseedy aside (that’s actually leaf fenugreek) and such a complex interleaving of flavours that I kept kidding myself I would figure it out if I had just one more bite...This is a stunning addition, not just to the posh-curry fraternity, but to the entire restaurant landscape.

TimeOut

TimeOut - 4/5

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - Sethi lays on a splendid spread of modern Indian dishes based on regional masalas and marinades. Fried South Indian chicken wings, steeped in wispy gram-flour and chilli batter, pack a fiery kick, and make a tempting opener for dinner...Goan pork vindaloo – slow-cooked chunks of suckling pig cheek, with vinegary red chilli-garlic masala, spiced with sweet cinnamon and coriander – was outstanding.

+ Show more critic reviews

No readers reviews yet.
Why not be the first and enter our competition to win a bottle of champagne.
Click here to write your review.

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 9/10

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - The Trishna sea bream dish I spoke about earlier, perfectly cooked and delicately dressed in bright green coriander and chilli, Indian fine-dining that sacrifices none of the spice or colour. And breast of guinea fowl, powerfully spiced and all crunchy and smoky from the tandoor, also essentially another faultless bit of cooking...Prices are reasonable for Mayfair and the toilets are very smart. There is really very little to fault, and you will love it, I guarantee it.