Casse-Croute

109 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3XB - View on a map

Casse-Croute Restaurant In London

our review

Herve Durochat (Jose Pizarro's business partner), Alexandre Bonnefoy and Sylvain Soulard have opened a French bistro on Bermondsey Street.

July 2013

Metro

Metro - 3/5

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - The best strategy here (which occurred to us halfway through the main courses and again when two hands were required to crack the lemon tart) is to order all the starters. Add some charcuterie and cheese, a jug of totally fine Grenache from the cheap end of the list and consume...What gives Casse-Croûte its charm may also have given it an off night. From a small kitchen comes a limited menu, with fewer chances to get it right. Try it for the Champagne saucers and the salades and the Frenchness. With the rest, I wish you bonne chance.

Guardian

Marina O'Loughlin

Saturday, August 31, 2013 - The irritations of the day slip from me as easily as the rabbit slips down my neck. It is gorgeous: the meat silky and slow-cooked, still tasting quite definitely of bunny; the mash of the Robuchon school, rammed with butter, rich and luxurious. There's a light, creamy, mustardy sauce that just – just – stops short of richness overkill. I want to anoint myself in it...I'd come here weekly if I could. This is reasonably priced food designed to deliver pleasure from chaps who know how to have a good time. They've recreated a France viewed through rosé-filled glasses.

+ Show more critic reviews

Excellent quality and amazing value

Friendly service and laid back attitude works a treat

Book now before any of the papers write up a review!!!

ewj1974
Friday, July 26, 2013

The only reason I would not recommend would be that I want to be able to have a table there whenever I want. I fear that we may struggle very quickly to book on the day. It is better than the original French bistrot. My Paris-Brest was amongst the best and the selection of wine is great. See you there.

alain - View all reviews by this user