Go Fish!

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Loved the overall service and atmosphere in the plaice... the guys were friendly and funny! The food was tasty, fresh and there was lots of it!!:) Tartare sauce was great!! As another customer mentioned, scampi would be a fantastic addition to the menu, as would seaweed #Eatmorefish! Also, I would love to see Go Fish on twitter :) Only [small] complaint I have are the wooden forks ; they just feel funny. P.S This is a little joke for your blackboard :) "Why did the jellyfish blush?? - Because the SEAWEED"

Lorraine - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, March 08, 2014

Quite simply, these guys live up to their promise. Tasty, fresh and modern. One of the best fish and chip meals I have ever eaten. Recommend to all. Will be back.

Jack Thompson
Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My wife and I fell in love with this place since they opened. They opened here in the same week that we moved to Clapham and I am safe to say that we might visit them once every fortnight (although I remember going there 3 times in a single week)..

Ever since we tried their Plaice with Chips and mushy peas it's been very difficult for me to buy some fish & chips from a pub. It's on a whole different level. Both fried or grilled, the fish is just so fresh and tasty that I urge you to try them (I like the haddock very much but the plaice is my favourite).

The chaps at the counter are also very nice to us all the time, even when we're just walking by on our way back home from work. :)

If you live in SW11 or if you're going out around here some day, please pop in a check this 'plaice' out.

To conclude, there's no secret in what they're doing: simple food, great / fresh ingredients, great service and you get people coming back.

Wholeheartedly, we want to recommend these guys- you won't regret.

Bstolosa - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, January 26, 2014

I love fish and chips but this was the worst i have ever had. I got a takeaway cod and chips, it was £9.95 not cheap. It was a friday about 6.30pm, should have been their prime time. I was very hungry, thought i would eat it walking along. the chips were not fresh. the fish fell through the batter when i picked it up, very strange. Never had the time or i would have taken it back to complain.
View/Add comments (2)