Go Fish!

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Loved the overall service and atmosphere in the plaice... the guys were friendly and funny! The food was tasty, fresh and there was lots of it!!:) Tartare sauce was great!! As another customer mentioned, scampi would be a fantastic addition to the menu, as would seaweed #Eatmorefish! Also, I would love to see Go Fish on twitter :) Only [small] complaint I have are the wooden forks ; they just feel funny. P.S This is a little joke for your blackboard :) "Why did the jellyfish blush?? - Because the SEAWEED"

Lorraine - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, March 08, 2014

Quite simply, these guys live up to their promise. Tasty, fresh and modern. One of the best fish and chip meals I have ever eaten. Recommend to all. Will be back.

Jack Thompson
Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My wife and I fell in love with this place since they opened. They opened here in the same week that we moved to Clapham and I am safe to say that we might visit them once every fortnight (although I remember going there 3 times in a single week)..

Ever since we tried their Plaice with Chips and mushy peas it's been very difficult for me to buy some fish & chips from a pub. It's on a whole different level. Both fried or grilled, the fish is just so fresh and tasty that I urge you to try them (I like the haddock very much but the plaice is my favourite).

The chaps at the counter are also very nice to us all the time, even when we're just walking by on our way back home from work. :)

If you live in SW11 or if you're going out around here some day, please pop in a check this 'plaice' out.

To conclude, there's no secret in what they're doing: simple food, great / fresh ingredients, great service and you get people coming back.

Wholeheartedly, we want to recommend these guys- you won't regret.

Bstolosa - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, January 26, 2014

I love fish and chips but this was the worst i have ever had. I got a takeaway cod and chips, it was £9.95 not cheap. It was a friday about 6.30pm, should have been their prime time. I was very hungry, thought i would eat it walking along. the chips were not fresh. the fish fell through the batter when i picked it up, very strange. Never had the time or i would have taken it back to complain.
View/Add comments (2)

elaine
Sunday, December 29, 2013

"Modern" fish and chips are unfortunately not for us, which is a real shame because we live 30 seconds away and liked the idea of not always walking to the bottom of Northcote road for fish&chips!

The service is super friendly but unfortunately this isnt enough to make us go back. We like good old fashion fish and chips, chunky chips with vinegar and wrapped in paper, traditional seaside style. I don't think 'modern' fish and chips ever really work, there's only so much deep fat frying that you can get away with when trying to make something 'posher'.

The chips are quite thin with skin on (the kind you want next to a steak) and if you get take away they get soggy quickly. The sweet potato chips are great, but after ordering them (as nice as they were) I realised my dinner was no longer proper fish and chips! The fish is nice enough.

Unfortunately the battered sausage was a very thick dense sausage which i dont think works when battered. They don't sell scampi which is a real shame because its my favourite. Their version of mushy peas was petit pois crushed with mint -tasted great, but it would have been better suited on a plate as part of a more refined dish.

I would recommend others to try this place and see how they feel about it but unfortunately its not what i want from my fish and chips.

Kristie
Saturday, November 16, 2013

Superb! This was my second visit to Go Fish and both times the fish has been beautifully fresh with a really tasty, crispy batter. The place is smart and clean and the staff are friendly. Top quality! I'll be back!

Beth - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, November 14, 2013

Great addition to the area. Now I don't have to go to the Fish Club on St Johns Hill for my Fish'n'Chips. I have had three take away's since it opened and they have been fab. Perfect batter with a good portion of chips. Also nice friendly staff who like to have a bit of a chat while you are waiting. Highly recommended

Raj - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sooooooooo good. Monkfish nuggets were amazing. So were the sweet potato chips.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Just had the best fish and chips I've ever eaten! Not normally a reviewer on these things but the cod was really fresh (and a huge portion) with delicious sweet potato fries, homemade coleslaw and tartare sauce. V.yummy! We decided to eat in and the whole place was buzzing all evening with a great atmosphere- the team behind the counter are real characters! Although it is a bit of a trek for us, I will most definitely be making this my default option for fish and chips in South London.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Popped by last night and tried the monkfish nuggets. Wow! They are awesome and the guys working there were super friendly. Definitely going back. Not at all greasy! Not sure if the reviewer below went to the same place ;) Chips are fab.

LDS