The Ivy Market Grill

1A Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 8PS - View on a map

The Ivy Market Grill Restaurant In London

I visited the Ivy Market Grill one lunchtime to try and cheer myself up on a cold and miserable January afternoon. I also wanted to see how it compared to my favourite restaurant (The Ivy) which is closed for renovations. I could not have been happier with the welcome I received, the service given and the wonderful food and drink provided. I started with lobster (absolutely delicious and reasonable price). This was followed by main course of whole Dover Sole - just cooked and presented perfectly. Each course was accompanied by a lovely wine recommended by the waiter and again at reasonable price. By this stage I didn't want to leave the place so was tempted to a delightfully presented chocolatey dessert accompanied by a sauternes (again, both recommended by my ever attentive and friendly waiter).

A great introduction to a restaurant that will become a regular haunt from now on. Relaxed atmosphere, great food and drink at reasonable price and friendly attentive service. Couldn't ask for anything more. Highly recommended.

Frank Kaszynski