The Greenhouse

27a Hay's Mews, Mayfair, London, W1J 5PY - View on a map

The Greenhouse Restaurant In London

Telegraph

Zoe Williams - 3.5/5

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - B had the wild-boar terrine, which was rich but unmemorable. I continued with the Cornish crab, which came in great, fleshy bites on a lobster-scale, not the shredded meat I'm accustomed to. It packed plenty of flavour, especially with an unexpected mint jelly...This definitely falls in the category 'status eating', and I have my reservations about the atmosphere this brings. But the food was lovely.

City AM

City AM

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - Foodwise, all the usual suspects are here: foie gras, lamb, scallops, but they're presented in stranger, more imaginative ways than normal. The liver pate was as dense and silky as you'd expect: with its confit, dates, lemon and dab of pearl millet, it took on angles of fruity richness tempered by citric notes. Highland scallops were great fleshy lobes served with - of all things - a tandoori flavour, cabbage, a dusting of garam masala and lemon confit...The groovy, crowded no-reservation places in Soho are great, but sometimes you want quality, elegance, and a stonking cheese trolley (or at least, I do). That's what places like the Greenhouse are for, and now Bignon is adding a clever bit of spice to a very neat formula.

No readers reviews yet.
Why not be the first and enter our competition to win a bottle of champagne.
Click here to write your review.

An American In London

An American In London

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - My first course of beef tartare was a nice surprise - more a delicately-dressed beef carpaccio than the lump of mince I'd expected. The black truffle sauce added a rich, earthy dimension to the light and zingy slices of beef. A second course of mackerel was sliced and plated to look like sardines, which was visually entertaining. The apple puree and crunchy nuts under the mackerel added lightness and texture to the otherwise-meaty fish...Overall, I had a wonderful time at the Greenhouse - much better than my dinner last month at two-starred Hibiscus.