Ravel's Bistro

4 Fleet Road, Hampstead, London, NW3 2QS - View on a map

Ravel's Bistro Restaurant In London

Amazing find with a totally international clientele! We heard French, English, Spanish, Polish and I think Danish spoken during our time there.

Food is great, very reasonably priced and vegetables cooked to perfection ;)

A rare find in London but a restaurant that is a must!

Delightful!

markie
Sunday, October 05, 2014

I have been going to Ravel's bistro for a couple of years now and it is an absolute find. The food is of the highest quality, fresh ingredients and a varied menu. It is a French bistro with a Polish influence, which works so very well. It is not only the excellent food that has kept me going back but also the warm service and friendly staff that make going for dinner feel like going to somebody's home. This coupled with the great ambience and décor , make it a great experience. I would highly recommend this restaurant and it is worth travelling to!

C A Reddy - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ravel's Bistro is one of those rare finds in London. A local French restaurant inspired by it's Polish owner Dorothy and her chef. The food here is excellent and never fails to disappoint one. The menu is diverse both for meat eaters, those with a preference for fish or vegetarians like myself.

There are always a number of fresh dishes on the menu every day...........usually a choice of three/four starters and four main courses + the excellent set menu which has some very inspired choices even for the most discerning palate.

The wine list is well informed and very reasonably priced.

The atmosphere is warm, informal and you are made to feel 'very much at home here!'

This restaurant is excellent value for money. Frequented by locals and a very loyal clientele including many discerning French customers..............

For special value try the 'before 7pm menu' or the great value 'Sunday lunch between 12pm and 4pm!'

John Mark Shiels
Saturday, December 15, 2012

We have been to the restaurant many times over the years and they do a lovely Valentine's menu.

However, the meal we had last night with friends was very disappointing.

There were 10 dinners and food came out slowly and my dish was cold by the time I ate it. I ordered duck breast which came with new potatoes and looked very unimaginative. The duck with chewy and tough. The plate needed some colourful vegetables with it. I had to order those as an extra dish!

Sharon Rosen
Friday, July 20, 2012

Found this place quite by accident, and booked a Sunday lunch.

We may have been lucky, but it was just what we wanted. A first class meal in pleasant surroundings for an affordable price.

There was a good choice on the fixed-price menu. We ordered chicken liver salad as a starter, followed by duck for one of us and lamb steak for the other, with an exotic dessert to follow. The dishes were well cooked and nicely presented, and the service was smiling and helpful.

There were no unpleasant surprises with the bill. We shall certainly return, and probably bring friends.

Frank Beck
Sunday, January 08, 2012

I read a bad review of Ravel's Bistro and wondered what could have happened that night. Was their normal chef ill because like most other diners who have written a review, I find the restaurant just the place to take guests if you want value for money and a cosy atmosphere. I have eaten Sunday lunch there today and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have eaten there over the years it has been open and I must say never had a poor meal. The wine is smooth and the staff friendly and attentive to your needs.

I have eaten at The Savoy, Lords, many French restaurants in France but I dont think any of them have come up to the standard of Ravels. How come they are still so small I wonder. Perhaps that is the secret of the delicious food. The chef does not have anyone yelling orders at him, he just quietly gets on with it and turns out gourmet meals.

Pam Baily