The Square

6-10 Bruton Street, Mayfair, London, W1J 6PU - View on a map

The Square Restaurant In London

We had the tasting menu and the matching wines, and were very impressed by everything including the service. The sommelier was excellent and the atmosphere less stuffy than we'd been led to believe. Top drawer.

Jake - View all reviews by this user
Friday, January 17, 2014

Marvelous food, wonderful surroundings. We couldn't ask for more with the amazing sample menu with wine.

Sarah - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We had been looking forward to eating at The Square for a long time and finally made the decision to go for lunch in November. We decided to have the tasting menu with matching wines rather than the set lunch as we wanted to experience the restaurant at its best. The quality of the cooking was exemplary, I can't fault the dishes. Service was pretty good, our main waiter was young and managed to get our knives and forks the wrong way around for one course but no matter, everyone was pleasant and professional. But, I was a little disappointed that the restaurant did not really seem to be set up to offer the tasting menu at lunch. We received none of the canapés, amuse bouche and only a couple of pieces of nougat afterwards rather than the array of extra treats we have seen from various reviews we have seen. We also enjoyed the staff setting tables up for dinner around us as we finished off - it wasn't late - only about 3pm. I know it sounds a little petty but I wish I had known that lunch time was a simplified service (at no reduction in cost I might add) in which case I'd have made other plans that day and gone in the evening for the full experience.

Ruth
Monday, December 17, 2012

My wife and I were in on Friday 14th September for lunch. This was our second visit (see below) of many more. It was an anniversary weekend in London and the first thing my wife did was tell me how lovely Phil Howard was in person. Still, he did give me the nicest risotto I have ever eaten. A very deep flavoured lobster (broth almost) dish that stopped just short of being overpowering. Each bite was exactly the same until the finish. Top class dining and it was nice to meet the man himself. An as a little flourish they wrote “Happy Anniversary” on our dessert plate. I even took a photograph.

Kevin McG