The Square

6-10 Bruton Street, Mayfair, London, W1J 6PU - View on a map

The Square Restaurant In London

We had the tasting menu and the matching wines, and were very impressed by everything including the service. The sommelier was excellent and the atmosphere less stuffy than we'd been led to believe. Top drawer.

Jake - View all reviews by this user
Friday, January 17, 2014

Marvelous food, wonderful surroundings. We couldn't ask for more with the amazing sample menu with wine.

Sarah - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We had been looking forward to eating at The Square for a long time and finally made the decision to go for lunch in November. We decided to have the tasting menu with matching wines rather than the set lunch as we wanted to experience the restaurant at its best. The quality of the cooking was exemplary, I can't fault the dishes. Service was pretty good, our main waiter was young and managed to get our knives and forks the wrong way around for one course but no matter, everyone was pleasant and professional. But, I was a little disappointed that the restaurant did not really seem to be set up to offer the tasting menu at lunch. We received none of the canapés, amuse bouche and only a couple of pieces of nougat afterwards rather than the array of extra treats we have seen from various reviews we have seen. We also enjoyed the staff setting tables up for dinner around us as we finished off - it wasn't late - only about 3pm. I know it sounds a little petty but I wish I had known that lunch time was a simplified service (at no reduction in cost I might add) in which case I'd have made other plans that day and gone in the evening for the full experience.

Monday, December 17, 2012