The Gun

27 Coldharbour, Docklands, London, E14 9NS - View on a map

The Gun Restaurant In London

A team event was organised and 'The Red Room' at 'The Gun' was booked for the occasion.

The events staff were extremely helpful in accommodating some of our groups peculiar dietary requests and they also made suggestions to make the meal more appealing - very thoughtful.

The evening stealer was the bitesize 'Beef Wellington's' amazing is a word that describes these little gems. They were definitely the favourite of the night. The canapes were all excellent, The service was faultless and the staff kept all attendees well topped up with drinks even though the place was buzzing which was great and made for an even better atmosphere.

Highly recommend it as a venue and Anna McCleave is superb at assisting.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I recently organised a function/lunch in the River Room at the gun and I could not have wished for a better venue, better food or service. It was just a fabulous event. The river room is simply stunning with views across the thames to the o2, and it is so lovely and private. I highly recommend!

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Very pleased to have found the Gun as it's a great place for a night out. The food was fantastic & the service suburb ... they made us feel very welcome & easily kept our party of 15 in a manner to which I would love to get accustomed too. Thumbs up from the whole team even the fussy eaters!!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Had a Team Meal (15 of us) at The Gun in June and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The service, food and atmosphere where all fantastic and I look forward to visiting again soon, a real gem in London!

Great view out onto the water / Thames also, the position is excellent.

Thanks Again for a lovely evening!

Krissi Molina Grant
Thursday, June 19, 2014

We had a brilliant summer's evening work night out at the Gun in Docklands this week, and I'd happily recommend the Gun to anyone looking for a great place to host a group on the Thames riverside (as long as you give everyone very clear directions on how to get to its well-hidden location:)

Will Hart
Friday, June 13, 2014

We had a lovely meal for 15 in the River Room which has a wonderful view of the river and is a great place for a meal on a summers evening. We were very well looked after throughout the evening, starting with initial drinks in a cordoned off area downstairs. The service was attentive and the food was excellent. Obviously such quality food and location do not come cheaply but we would happily return to The Gun, the experience was well worth it.

Trevor Pugh
Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I aranged an event for my organisation at The Gun. Not only was the events manager (Vanessa) very helpful, she was also extremely patient due to many changes that occured when arranging my event for such a large number of people

The evening of the event could not have gone better. We made use of the outdoor marquee area and although the sun wasn't shining, the view and atmosphere was amazing and the patio heaters worked brilliantly.

Tom was managing our event that evening and he ran all things by me on the night and was there to offer help and to answer any questions I, or any of my colleagues had. This went for all staff at the event, whether they were behind the bar or serving the food.

The food itself was amazing- you could tell it was handmade and by great chefs. I recommend the haddock scotch eggs!

The wine was brilliant (I had Rose and red) and all of my colleagues were commenting on the great flavours and quality of the cider.

I would recommend booking an event at The Gun to anyone and I am sure I will be back there in the future.

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

We booked a party at the Gun and hired the River Terrace. The venue has a wonderful homely atmosphere and the little plaques detailing the history of the venue were a great touch. In terms of service the staff were friendly approachable and efficient - nobody's glass stayed empty for long. We ordered a set of mixed canapes which were delicious and wonderfully presented - the mini fish and chip being a favourite. I would definitely recommend this venue if you want good food and good service in a historic setting with fantastic views over the Thames to the O2. Sadly the weather was not great on the day of our booking to enjoy the views as much as we would have liked but the fact the terrace was covered and heated kept us comfortable and the food and drinks more than made up for that disappointment.

John Kelly
Wednesday, May 28, 2014

We had lunch last weekend. Service was very friendly and attentive from the start. We shared the whitebait starter and one friend had turnip soup. The bread offered was nice but only one slice per person which I thought was a little bit stingy. My main of pork belly was tasty but again, the portion size was small and I had to supplement the dish with two sides because the dish did not include carbs or vegetables. The chips were to die for! My friend's beef stew was pronounced lovely but the suet dumplings were hard and there was not enough gravy. The fish pie apparently was mostly potato but tasty none the less. Desserts were hit and miss again. I had the lardy cake as it was beef week but it was just a slice of dried sweet bread with a rhubarb sorbet and panna cotta (which was nice).

Whilst the food was not as I had expected, my experience was mainly ruined by the request for 2p extra service charge just before we left. We split the bill between us, paid with our credit cards and rounded slightly, which meant we paid 2p less than the bill which included service charge. I couldn't believe it when the waiter came and informed us that we were 2p short! My understanding is that service charge on a bill is optional and quite often we pay by credit card minus the service charge and then leave a different amount of cash on the table. I found this experience embarrassing and made me wish I hadn't wasted my Saturday afternoon.

Sarah - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Gun is without doubt my favourite pub in London. I've been there many times over the years, but last weekend booked the River Room on the first floor for some private dining to celebrate a special occasion. The view from the River Room, and also from the terrace, is simply stunning - broad sweeping views across the Thames and over towards the O2, and it is very easy to while away the time watching the boats on the river. The food served at The Gun is excellent, and always includes a broad range of dishes made to an incredibly high standard. This is not pub grub, but fine dining albeit in a more relaxed atmosphere. Drinks are good too, with a very comprehensive wine list to suit all tastes and wallets. Service was very friendly, and everyone went out of their way to ensure that lunch went smoothly and we had everything we needed. My thanks to the whole team at The Gun - I really look forward to my next visit.

Simon Delany
Tuesday, April 29, 2014

London Eater

London Eater

Friday, July 23, 2010 - A Grelha sits at the edge of the Thames, overlooking the water and the O2 centre in the distance. However, it is not technically a stand-alone restaurant in its own right, rather it is a make shift al fresco area of The Gun, which opens during sunny days and warm nights...I wasn't under any illusions, its got the sun, its got the cocktails, and its got the fresh seafood. One shouldn't expect much more than that, but I had expected a more exotic choice, no lobster, crab, oysters or steak on the menu. I'll give food a big fat zero (ok one and a half for the clams) but a seven for atmosphere.