The Gun

27 Coldharbour, Docklands, London, E14 9NS - View on a map

The Gun Restaurant In London

We held our wedding reception and The Gun and had a wonderful time. In preparing for the day the staff were enthusiastic and willing to do whatever they could to ensure that the evening passed off as we wanted. They were also helpful in suggesting things where we weren't sure what we wanted and in picking up things we had forgotten.

On the day itself the staff were attentive, polite and helpful. The food was superb and the drinks kept flowing ensuring that it all passed off very well and really did meet our expectations.

Friday, April 11, 2014

My girlfriend threw me a surprise 40th Birthday and The Gun made it a glorious event. We were well taken care of - the glasses were full, the buffet was AMAZING and the staff constantly made sure we were comfortable in every way.

They were also very discreet as I just didn't know anything about anything, making it a true surprise bash and one I'll remember for a long time. Thank you to all at The Gun, my favourite local!

Vlad
Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Close proximity to Excel, where we were exhibiting, enabled us to entertain many of our customers in the evening without going too far into London. The Gun's location on The Thames was stunning and its historical connections to the river and its old world charm was wonderful for our overseas guests as well as UK based ones. Atmosphere genial and relaxed with open fires, good English beers, including our local one from Southwold in Suffolk. Staff were smart, attentive and truly professional, and knew exactly what was required to keep our guests happy. Food was perfect for our needs, with a good mixture of tastes for our international visitors including English fish and chips in a paper cone, for ease. We had booked the back bar and back deck area opposite the 02 for our party and couldn't have been more delighted. Absolute gem of a place.

Overall, an evening to remember for ourselves and our guests.

Susan Meeken, Applied Acoustic Engineering Ltd
Monday, March 17, 2014

I held my 40th birthday lunch and drinks at The Gun with 11 family and close friends.

From arrival @ noon we were allocated a rear part of the bar by the fire whilst an allocated barman served welcome drinks.

The River Room was decorated with style and the service through all courses and the quality and presentation of the dining experience were quite simply outstanding.

The service was excellent throughout the day and overall great value for money.

I'd highly recommend The Gun for a special event or to just sample the warm atmosphere in the Bar / Terrace.

Chris Hesketh
Monday, March 03, 2014

We booked a large party (30 people) in the main restaurant. The whole meal was fantastic. Food was, as expected, excellent. Great organisation by the staff at the gun meant our pre-ordered meals were efficiently served with minimal waiting. The place cards with a reminder of what had been ordered wasa nice touch. Special dietry requests were well catered for and a last minute change helpfully accomodated. Definately recommended for an enjoyable and eficient corporate event.

carolyn
Monday, February 17, 2014

We have been using the River Room upstairs at The Gun for the last couple of years. I am not one for hyperbole, but this private dining area is outstanding not only for the beautiful room overlooking the Thames, but also the quality of service, food and outstanding value. For a party of 12 or less, you really can't go wrong with this venue.

Tim Edwards
Friday, January 31, 2014

We hired the River Room for dinner for a party of 16. The room is beautiful, very tasteful, warm and welcoming, and with a great view across the river to the O2. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and attentive, and even though we were limited to a choice of 3 dishes per course (we were on the private dining menu) all the dishes were delicious and of generous portions. We had a potential problem with an extra person being invited at the last minute but the staff quickly offered a solution, and were not put out at all. I would thoroughly recommend The Gun for private dining and will definitely be going back.

Joan Blake
Friday, January 31, 2014

I have just held my 60th birthday party at The Gun. It was the most wonderful party, made so because The Gun is such a brilliant venue with amazing views of the Thames. The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful and the food was of excellent quality. Arranging everything with the Events Manager could not have been more easy, and even our DJ said it was fantastic working with such an easy-going bunch of people. By the way, these are not just my views, as my guests also spent the evening raving about the fantastic venue, food and staff. I would highly recommend it for any special event you need to organise and I will certainly be returning for a quiet meal in the very near future.

Monday, January 20, 2014

We had our Companies Christmas Lunch at The Gun Pub on Friday 6th December and it was most memorable event, the whole team commented on what a fantastic time they had, the quality of food and service was impeccable as always.

Plus the new structure outside on the terrace was gorgeous really welcoming and cosy.

I would definitely recommend The Gun for any event, parties, weddings etc.

Thanks to Anna and all of the team for making our party so special.

Jane Rush
Friday, January 10, 2014

We went to the Gun for our team Christmas dinner. It was amazing. Wonderful food and atmosphere and everyone throughly enjoyed the night. We will certainly be returning in the new year.

Fiona
Monday, December 30, 2013

London Eater

London Eater

Friday, July 23, 2010 - A Grelha sits at the edge of the Thames, overlooking the water and the O2 centre in the distance. However, it is not technically a stand-alone restaurant in its own right, rather it is a make shift al fresco area of The Gun, which opens during sunny days and warm nights...I wasn't under any illusions, its got the sun, its got the cocktails, and its got the fresh seafood. One shouldn't expect much more than that, but I had expected a more exotic choice, no lobster, crab, oysters or steak on the menu. I'll give food a big fat zero (ok one and a half for the clams) but a seven for atmosphere.