The Gun

27 Coldharbour, Docklands, London, E14 9NS - View on a map

The Gun Restaurant In London

We held our wedding reception and The Gun and had a wonderful time. In preparing for the day the staff were enthusiastic and willing to do whatever they could to ensure that the evening passed off as we wanted. They were also helpful in suggesting things where we weren't sure what we wanted and in picking up things we had forgotten.

On the day itself the staff were attentive, polite and helpful. The food was superb and the drinks kept flowing ensuring that it all passed off very well and really did meet our expectations.

Friday, April 11, 2014

My girlfriend threw me a surprise 40th Birthday and The Gun made it a glorious event. We were well taken care of - the glasses were full, the buffet was AMAZING and the staff constantly made sure we were comfortable in every way.

They were also very discreet as I just didn't know anything about anything, making it a true surprise bash and one I'll remember for a long time. Thank you to all at The Gun, my favourite local!

Vlad
Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Close proximity to Excel, where we were exhibiting, enabled us to entertain many of our customers in the evening without going too far into London. The Gun's location on The Thames was stunning and its historical connections to the river and its old world charm was wonderful for our overseas guests as well as UK based ones. Atmosphere genial and relaxed with open fires, good English beers, including our local one from Southwold in Suffolk. Staff were smart, attentive and truly professional, and knew exactly what was required to keep our guests happy. Food was perfect for our needs, with a good mixture of tastes for our international visitors including English fish and chips in a paper cone, for ease. We had booked the back bar and back deck area opposite the 02 for our party and couldn't have been more delighted. Absolute gem of a place.

Overall, an evening to remember for ourselves and our guests.

Susan Meeken, Applied Acoustic Engineering Ltd
Monday, March 17, 2014

I held my 40th birthday lunch and drinks at The Gun with 11 family and close friends.

From arrival @ noon we were allocated a rear part of the bar by the fire whilst an allocated barman served welcome drinks.

The River Room was decorated with style and the service through all courses and the quality and presentation of the dining experience were quite simply outstanding.

The service was excellent throughout the day and overall great value for money.

I'd highly recommend The Gun for a special event or to just sample the warm atmosphere in the Bar / Terrace.

Chris Hesketh
Monday, March 03, 2014

London Eater

London Eater

Friday, July 23, 2010 - A Grelha sits at the edge of the Thames, overlooking the water and the O2 centre in the distance. However, it is not technically a stand-alone restaurant in its own right, rather it is a make shift al fresco area of The Gun, which opens during sunny days and warm nights...I wasn't under any illusions, its got the sun, its got the cocktails, and its got the fresh seafood. One shouldn't expect much more than that, but I had expected a more exotic choice, no lobster, crab, oysters or steak on the menu. I'll give food a big fat zero (ok one and a half for the clams) but a seven for atmosphere.