The Gun

27 Coldharbour, Docklands, London, E14 9NS - View on a map

The Gun Restaurant In London

What a wonderful evening at the Gun to celebrate my Dad's surprise 60th birthday.

Everything went smoothly, the staff were extremely helpful and very friendly, they couldn't do enough for us.

The food was also amazing, everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

We will definitely be recommending The Gun.

Thank you for making my Dad's birthday so special.

Nicola Martin
Wednesday, December 17, 2014

After having our work xmas party at The Gun, I have had nothing but compliments all round and it was the most successful xmas party we have ever had. Your staff were amazing, the food was fantastic and the venue was just wow.

This is not the last time you will be hearing from us, I think it is a candidate for next year too.

Terri Burr - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Just a short note to say we had a lovely afternoon and were well looked after by the team at The Gun for Christmas lunch. All the food was beautifully prepared and the service was excellent throughout the afternoon.

I have had the fortune (or misfortune) of having 5 or 6 Ď Christmas Lunchesí so far this year and I can honestly say that the one I had at The Gun was far and away the best. It was a far more relaxed setting, quality food, quality service and I donít think I could fault anything on the day. I think restaurants tend to cram their venues with as many people as possible at this time of year and the quality/service is usually affected in some way. It always feels rushed but Iím glad to say The Gun was its usual consistent self.

Potted mushrooms for starter, ox cheek for main and chocolate cake for dessert all in a private room with excellent service over looking the Thames and the O2. Thoroughly recommend the place. I have been going there for years and I don't think I have ever had cause to complain.

Marc O''Brien
Monday, December 15, 2014

Booked a surprise birthday party for my wife at The Gun - the staff couldn't have been more helpful, the room was absolutely beautiful and the food and drink delicious. We had an absolutely terrific evening - very highly recommended!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Don't trust this venue with a special event. Their planning was excellent, all food was pre-ordered with printed menus, timings were agreed, taxis booked - marvellous - but on the day it was a slow-motion disaster of a lunch for 21 people - only two courses served in one and a half hours! We had to leave before cheese, pudding and coffee. What happened here? It was surreal! Despite lengthy correspondence through Operation managers and up to Director level - not even the courtesy of a reply from the 'top' (all contact in writing and available for scrutiny) it was just passed off as "management failure" without any specific explanation. They employ plenty of management speak about staff retraining, wanting you to be satisfied with your experience and the like but this Group, which dines out on its restaurant awards, offers only tokens when it fails - refund of pre-lunch drinks (6 jugs of Pimm's) and a free lunch for two. This is not adequate for so comprehensively compromising a unique family occasion. Have they no shame! We paid our bill on the day and complained in a reasonable manner afterwards, expecting contrition. Dream on - they have a bottom line at ETM but it's not the customer experience. Only a full refund would compensate for ruining a pre-wedding lunch so spectacularly if they want to earn a sound reputation rather than just pay lip service to it. VERY disappointed. There are plenty of excellent reviews for events at The Gun but you have been warned - they are clearly unreliable and, as our experience is testament, this could be the outcome of your event if you entrust it to ETM Group.

Visited July 2014

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

We held a very successful family birthday party at the Gun. The views from the River Room were stunning by night. The staff were all most helpful and the food and wine were delicious. There were no nasty surprises on the bill, which is always a great plus. All in all a wonderful evening.

Beany - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Had a great birthday lunch. The staff, the food, the venue was all FAB.

All my guests loved it and we will definitely go back.

Hannah Adler
Monday, October 27, 2014

We went to the Gun for some team drinks for about 35 of us. They gave us our own room and the food and service was really excellent. I would highly recommend it for parties or work events.

Friday, October 10, 2014

I'd thoroughly recommend The Gun for private dining or just somewhere to go for a drink with great river views and views of the 02. Thanks Anna for all your help with the organising of my 40th birthday lunch. The whole family had a wonderful afternoon. My dad says he wants to come back for his 75th!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

We booked the River Room for a private Retirement Dinner. The evening was a total success - I have had compliments from almost everyone on not only the choice of location but also the quality of the food - it was as near to perfect as you can get! I can assure you that you will keep looking at the River Thames all night! The staff could not do enough for us and were fully attentive from our arrival at 6pm until we left some 6 hours later.

We will be back - most certainly. If not as a group, certainly individually.

Yvonne Mayne
Wednesday, August 06, 2014

London Eater

London Eater

Friday, July 23, 2010 - A Grelha sits at the edge of the Thames, overlooking the water and the O2 centre in the distance. However, it is not technically a stand-alone restaurant in its own right, rather it is a make shift al fresco area of The Gun, which opens during sunny days and warm nights...I wasn't under any illusions, its got the sun, its got the cocktails, and its got the fresh seafood. One shouldn't expect much more than that, but I had expected a more exotic choice, no lobster, crab, oysters or steak on the menu. I'll give food a big fat zero (ok one and a half for the clams) but a seven for atmosphere.