14 Hanway Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 1UD - View on a map

No readers reviews yet.
Why not be the first and enter our competition to win a bottle of champagne.
Click here to write your review.

London Eater

London Eater

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - Negitoro with spring onion maki was benchmark stuff, the razor clam nigiri particularly fantastic being squidgy and fleshy. The unagi carried a flamed taste, perhaps from the itamae's blowtorch, a pillowy soft texture and which I thought was brilliant. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the tamago (egg) nigiri. It was cut thick, perhaps a half an inch and it had a lovely egg custard texture about it, wet and spongy, just a dabble of soya sauce, just a hint of vinegar in the rice, just right.

Friday, March 12, 2010 - The Food: There was a lot of it, and I didn't take pictures of everything. I liked the tempura, even the mushrooms. Was not the hugest fan of the chicken yakitori, but I think that's just because I don't really like working for my food. Loved the gomae. And the cod. And then there was the sushi, and lovely it was. I went straight for the mackeral. Fresh. Generous cuts. Perfect...The Verdict: Loved, loved, loved Kikuchi. And they gave me a voucher for my next visit! You know I'm a sucker.