Kikuchi

14 Hanway Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 1UD - View on a map

I have to say that my wife and I were quite disappointed by this experience.

We went to this place for a special occasion after reading the great reviews of this restaurant and we were very disappointed. We got the sushi plate which is quite expensive and no better than the average sushi place we have been to but much more expensive. The sushi was not even nicely presented and very simple and in some cases like the sea urchin wasn't fresh at all. I have read about the sea urchin sushi on internet and it says that when it is fresh it is the best but when it is not very fresh it can be the worst food you ever had and this was what we experienced.

I also had some tempura and it was good but not better than all other Japanese restaurants we have been to (and I have been to many) but it was priced about double for a small quantity. The restaurant itself was empty and the atmosphere is nothing special at all. At the end of the night we spent nearly 80 pounds in two for a plate of sushi, some tempura and some plum wine and we got out of there still hungry and disappointed because for that kind of money you should get so much more.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013