Kikuchi

14 Hanway Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 1UD - View on a map

I have to say that my wife and I were quite disappointed by this experience.

We went to this place for a special occasion after reading the great reviews of this restaurant and we were very disappointed. We got the sushi plate which is quite expensive and no better than the average sushi place we have been to but much more expensive. The sushi was not even nicely presented and very simple and in some cases like the sea urchin wasn't fresh at all. I have read about the sea urchin sushi on internet and it says that when it is fresh it is the best but when it is not very fresh it can be the worst food you ever had and this was what we experienced.

I also had some tempura and it was good but not better than all other Japanese restaurants we have been to (and I have been to many) but it was priced about double for a small quantity. The restaurant itself was empty and the atmosphere is nothing special at all. At the end of the night we spent nearly 80 pounds in two for a plate of sushi, some tempura and some plum wine and we got out of there still hungry and disappointed because for that kind of money you should get so much more.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Went there Saturday great quality food! Fish was amazing and rice too! Lots of native people shows how good it is... And you get what you pay for, ther is minimum charge of 25 but if your looking to have a cheap meal sushi would not be your first choice.... Loved it definitely going back!

Leila
Sunday, May 20, 2012

London Eater

London Eater

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - Negitoro with spring onion maki was benchmark stuff, the razor clam nigiri particularly fantastic being squidgy and fleshy. The unagi carried a flamed taste, perhaps from the itamae's blowtorch, a pillowy soft texture and which I thought was brilliant. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the tamago (egg) nigiri. It was cut thick, perhaps a half an inch and it had a lovely egg custard texture about it, wet and spongy, just a dabble of soya sauce, just a hint of vinegar in the rice, just right.

Londonelicious

Londonelicious

Friday, March 12, 2010 - The Food: There was a lot of it, and I didn't take pictures of everything. I liked the tempura, even the mushrooms. Was not the hugest fan of the chicken yakitori, but I think that's just because I don't really like working for my food. Loved the gomae. And the cod. And then there was the sushi, and lovely it was. I went straight for the mackeral. Fresh. Generous cuts. Perfect...The Verdict: Loved, loved, loved Kikuchi. And they gave me a voucher for my next visit! You know I'm a sucker.