The Goring Dining Room

The Goring Hotel, Beeston Place, Belgravia, London, SW1W 0JW - View on a map

The Goring Dining Room Restaurant In London

Telegraph

Matthew Norman - 4/5

Monday, May 21, 2012 - The main courses were impressive, so three of us thought, in the plain, unfussy culinary style reportedly favoured by Her Maj. Roast Suffolk chicken with spring greens 'absolutely tastes like chicken, comfortingly delicious', said my wife in mild shock, 'and the sage and onion stuffing is fabulous'. My father loved the meltiness of his slow-roasted Romney Marsh lamb breast, with wild garlic and shallots in a red wine sauce. A small judgmental chasm was opened by the Beef Wellington, which I thought faultless, but my mother found chewy and not rare enough.

Guardian

Jay Rayner

Sunday, February 14, 2010 - The fact is that for a long while this sort of food (which, done well, can be fabulous) went out of fashion. That's what places like the Goring and the old pre-Ramsay Connaught were for. But now you can get it for much less money at restaurants across London - Mark Hix does this kind of stuff, as does Richard Corrigan - and you don't have to endure the glowering mood. Clearly there are people who like the Goring, or it would not have survived for a century. Sadly, I'm not one of them.

No readers reviews yet.
Why not be the first and enter our competition to win a bottle of champagne.
Click here to write your review.